The Public Health Community Health and Strategic Initiatives area is seeking an Administrative Manager. This position will direct, manage, develop, and oversee public health strategic initiatives using a health and racial equity framework. This role will represent the department to other programs across the county, in the community, with other jurisdictions, and to the public. Hennepin County Public Health is committed to advancing health and racial equity. We recognize racism is a public health crisis. We are committed to change, and to co-creating solutions with those impacted to support communities where everyone experiences optimal health and wellness. Diverse voices are critical to this mission. We encourage you to join us in this work!
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program.
Location and hours:
This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at the Health Services Building,525 Portland Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55415, and remote as job duties require. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, with typical hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin.
New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.
About the position type:This position is full-time, benefit earning. This position is internally classified as an Administrative Manager. Click here to view the job classification specification.Note: You must attach a resume as part of your application materials to be considered for this position. In this position, you will:
· Lead department and countywide planning and implementation of Public Health internal and external strategic initiatives, including leading the department’s strategic plan.
· Identify resources needed to implement strategic initiatives that leverage department, county, and community strengths.
· Oversee and provide leadership to various Public Health departmentwide standing strategic initiatives including health and racial equity, quality improvement, community engagement, workforce development, as well as new areas of work.
· Create and support partnerships across Public Health and with other county departments, other local jurisdictions (cities, schools, etc.), state and federal agencies, and community organizations to leverage and share expertise and resources to positively impact health and racial disparities.
· Evaluate and communicate program metrics; provide reports for decision making and course correction.
· Pursue and manage grant opportunities and funder requirements are met or exceeded.
· Manage overall program finances, develop, and adjust budgets, monitor financial status of programs, track expenses and revenue.
· Select, manage, and supervise performance of supervisors and staff, establish performance expectations, evaluate team and individual performance results, and provide coaching for development and improvement. Provide direction and assistance to supervisors doing the same.
· Meet and consult with advisory boards and committees.
· Analyze legislation, rules, ordinances, policies and develop proposals for recommend changes.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Nine years or more of experience related to organizational operations or programs or a specialty area appropriate to the position.
o Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, public health, or other field appropriate to the position and five years of experience related to organizational operations or programs or a specialty area appropriate to the position.
· Access to reliable transportation to travel primarily within the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
Nice to have:
· Three years or more of management level experience working in public health or community health.
o Planning and organizing large scale complex organization-wide or county-wide projects.
o In racial, gender, LGBTQIA+, neurodiversity and other differing ability equity.
o Using a health and racial equity framework.
· Ability to
o Inspire and motivate others toward a shared vision common plan.
o Work with various stakeholders across the organization, countywide and within the community.
o Manage multiple large-scale projects at different stages simultaneously.
o Prepare a variety of reports and make presentations.
o Lead and coordinate department-wide and county-wide committees and task forces.
o Use communication skills to create formal business correspondences and/or presentation materials in written or verbal formats.
· Knowledge of:
o Public health approaches and practices.
o Principles and practices of planning, project management, system and process analysis, and program evaluation.
About the department:Hennepin County Public Health’s vision is for all people who live, work and play in Hennepin County to experience optimal health grounded in health and racial equity. Our department works to improve the health of all county residents by addressing the social and environmental factors that impact their health and offering programs and services that help them to be healthy. We promote physical and mental health, prevent illness and injury associated with communicable diseases and environmental conditions, and reduce chronic diseases. About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (login as Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here.This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.This position may have access to systems or other documentation that contains HIPAA data. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.If you have any questions, please contact: Brooke HaafBrooke.Haaf@hennepin.us