WorkLight is a redefining of a ministry that has been positively impacting lives for over 35 years. Formerly known as Christians in Commerce, we are transforming the way we reach and support Christians in the workplace. This engagement-centered endeavor includes a new brand, enhanced content, additional media channels, on demand resources, and innovation toward younger and more diverse audiences.
Our mission is to encourage and equip Christians to be God’s presence in the workplace by the power of the Holy Spirit, exercising faith, integrity, and excellence. Our ambitious growth targets include 10x increase in our audience size and number of program participants over the next 5 years. Thousands of lives and souls will be transformed. We are looking for a reliable Operations Manager who will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the team is well-supported and high-functioning.
Reporting structure The Operations Manager will report to the President and will work closely with our Board of Directors, committees, staff and donors in furthering WorkLight’s religious ministry. This role will oversee volunteers, consultants, and mentor part-time staff.
Job Overview -
As Operations Manager you ensure smooth running of our team and contribute in driving sustainable growth in all of the organization's goal areas. You manage the operations, human resources, and team collaboration of this mission-based ministry. You are a detail-oriented people-person who loves to organize, build relationships, and be a part of a movement. You love to prioritize and get things done on a timeline with little to no supervision. You are self-motivated, trustworthy, and accountable while facilitating a culture for your colleagues to do the same.
This role will function primarily through technology such as teleconference, telephone, and email. Thus desire to authentically connect with others in building a high functioning team and culture is critical. Flexibility will be required in the form of 5-10% travel, blended in-office and remote work, and adaptation to dynamic organizational strategy.
Compensation $60,000-70,000 annual salary Competitive health benefits Employer-supported retirement Hybrid/remote work 2-3x weekly Flexible hours Unlimited PTO Performance bonus
Responsibilities and Duties
● Establish, develop, and maintain remarkable operating strategies, plans, and procedures.
● Build team-wide culture through shared calendar, meetings, prayer, relationships, and celebration.
● Efficiently ensure compliance to company policies, legal requirements, and corporate filings.
● Maintain relationships, contracts, and invoices with outside vendors and consultants
● Create and maintain a high-functioning organizational digital filing system within Google Drive.
● Collect and analyze data to inform operational activities (software products, insurance, etc).
● Manage human resources activities related to benefits, selection, and onboarding.
● Manage phone calls, and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages, donations, thank yous, etc).
● Create and update confidential personal, financial, and donor data within Bloomerang database.
● Submit timely reports, prepare presentations/proposals as assigned, tackle new projects with zeal.
● Coordinate and participate in program elements such as events, prayer meetings, and small groups.
● Support execution of scheduled tasks, including social media posts, emails and other outreach.
● Serve as a remote receptionist and pray with callers and visitors when requested.
● Organize President’s calendar, outreach, appointments, agendas, and travel.
● Undergraduate degree with 3-5 years of work experience is preferred
● Proven capacity as an Office Administrator, Operations Manager, Executive Assistant, or relevant role
● Understanding and agreement with basic Christian beliefs, such as those expressed in the Nicene Creed and the Apostles’ Creed
● Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
● Exceptional attention to detail with an entrepreneurial mindset
● Familiarity with office management procedures and team-building
● Solid knowledge of MS Office (Excel), QuickBooks, CRM software (Bloomerang) & Google at Work
● Passionate about building God’s Kingdom in the workplace
● Desire to learn and grow as a professional in a fast-paced Christ-centered environment
● Eager to work in a high-performance team focused on a God-given mission
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
WorkLight is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all local, state and federal employment laws. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.