The Strategy and Support Division of the Resident and Real Estate Services (RRES) department is looking for an HR/Apex Transaction Specialist to process human resources/payroll transactions with a strong focus on customer service. You will work with managers, supervisors and employees from the Real Property Group which is comprised of the Resident and Real Estate Services Department, Assessor's Office, the Examiner of Titles Office, Resident Services Information Technology Department, Elections Department and the Service Center Department. This person will have the ability to work collaboratively and deliver high value customer service for diverse staff at all levels of the organization.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours:
This position is remote. Remote workers may be required to come on-site an average of 0 to 12 days a year for work meetings, trainings, or for any other reasons that their supervisor may deem necessary (may include additional days for onboarding and new employee training). Supervisors will provide as much advance notice as practicable. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Based on business needs of this position, hires must live in or relocate to Minnesota.
New employees who are hired into remote positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable after the new employee successfully completes probation.About the position type: This is a full-time, benefit earning position.This position is internally classified as an APEX HR Transaction Specialist.Click here to view the job classification specification.In this position, you will:
· Work with department supervisors and managers to facilitate an understanding of hiring and payroll procedures, policy provisions, and human resources rules.
· Answer timesheet, paycheck, performance review-related, and pay-related questions, audit time codes, corrections, and approval of timesheets.
· Prepare, review, and submit all employee transactions in PeopleSoft to implement employee status changes.
· Review and approve financial transactions related to employee expenses (mileage, tuition reimbursement, etc).
· Interact over the telephone, or electronically to request, evaluate, and screen a broad range of requests for information regarding human resources related and payroll concerns; write, prepare, and proofread specialized correspondence, lists, reports, and other standard office documents, develop forms and/or assist with revision.
· Maintain various human resources records, including electronic and paper files.
· Provide human resources support to assigned departments regarding hiring, background checks, and onboarding.
Need to have: Two or more years of experience in payroll processing or human resources.Nice to have:
o Providing guidance to employees and managers regarding payroll and/or human resource related tasks.
o Working with an online human resources/payroll/applicant tracking system.
· Ability to:
o Provide excellent customer service.
o Work both independently and as part of a team.
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels.
o Maintain confidentiality surrounding employee concerns.
o Ensure confidentiality of employee data.
o Apply diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices in efforts to reduce disparities.
· Knowledge of:
o Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
o Excellent organizational skills.
o Exceptional attention to detail.
About the department: Resident and Real Estate Services covers the foundational responsibilities of government: land surveying, land recording, property tax collection and distribution, voter registration and elections. Our eight service centers locations provide access to licenses, vital records, and other documents that help the constituency of Hennepin County.About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (login as Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates may be required to complete a background check.