Hennepin County's Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation (DOCCR) is seeking an APEX HR Transactions Specialist. In this position, you will work with managers and employees from the Adult Corrections Facility, to obtain information needed to process human resources/payroll transactions timely and accurately, with a strong focus on customer service.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program.
About this position: This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
This position is internally classified as a APEX HR Transactions Specialist. Click here to view the job classification specification.Location and hours: This position is located at the Hennepin County Adult Corrections Facility (ACF) located at 1145 Shenandoah Lane, Plymouth, Minnesota 55447. Work hours are primarily Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. The ACF is a medium level security facility, it is located 13 miles from downtown Minneapolis, and there is no public transportation to this facility.
In this position, you will:
· Act as a human resources and payroll information specialist to the department and supervisors/managers, in facilitating an understanding of hiring and payroll procedures, policy/contract provisions, human resources rules, and assisting with FMLA-related concerns.
· Answer paycheck, performance review, and pay-related questions; assist with auditing time codes, corrections, and approvals of timesheets/payroll processing.
· Prepare, review, and submit all employee and position transactions into APEX (PeopleSoft) Human Capital Module to implement employee status changes.
· Verify all necessary documents and procedures are complete and take action to resolve problem transactions by contacting supervisors or APEX payroll and human resources staff.
· Maintain various human resources records, including electronic and paper files, and prepare regular and special reports for administrative use.
· Assist with financial transactions.
Need to have:
· Two or more years of experience in payroll processing or human resources.
Nice to have:
o Working with an online human resources/payroll/applicant tracking system; APEX (PeopleSoft) experience is preferred.
o Submitting payroll transactions (i.e. entry of pay rate changes, new hires, transfers, and terminations).
o Processing payroll for employees covered by union contracts.
o Processing payroll and/or human resources transactions working in a public sector or government office setting.
o Using Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word and Excel) to create spreadsheets and/or payroll/human resource-related reports and track data.
o Providing guidance to employees and managers regarding payroll transactions.
o Using APEX (PeopleSoft) system for finance purposes.
· Ability to:
o Process and integrate complex information from multiple sources including written and verbal instructions.
o Work under multiple and strict deadlines with a customer service orientation.