FIRST EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH Post Date: March 2022
MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA www.firstfreechurch.org
Position Title: Business Administrator
Job Status: Part Time Position–15 to 20 hours per week
Accountable To: Associate Pastor, Treasurer, and Personnel Committee
CHURCH MISSION STATEMENT:
First Evangelical Free Church’s mission is to help individuals become Christ-centered and Christ-sent together.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
To manage, direct and provide clear direction for the administrative function of the Church in a professional manner that supports First Evangelical Free Church’s Mission, Vision and Values. These functions include but are not limited to Finance and Human Resources.
· Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior
· Relevant work experience.
· Aptitude, knowledge and experience with computers and computer systems. Competency in using QuickBooks Pro and ADP. Experience with Planning Center is preferred.
· Must understand and agree with First Evangelical Free Church’s Mission, Vision and Values.
· Understanding of generally accepted account practices and reporting procedures and required with a non-profit setting. Basic knowledge of accounting to oversee financial reporting of the Church.
· Understanding of payroll and benefits administration, current employment laws and environmental /OSHA regulations.
· High degree of organizational skills, accuracy, ability to work independently and proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities, and comfortable with decision-making.
· Appreciation of team and individual performance, with the ability to provide clear direction, to support and enhance all facets of the Church’s operational goals.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Monitor financial reports, budgets, payroll, membership contribution accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and stewardship functions on a monthly basis.
· Develop the annual budget for Council and congregational approval in partnership with the Senior Pastor, Council Chairman, Vice-Council Chairman and Treasurer.
· Consult with and advise the Senior Pastor on business and administrative matters that affect the Church.
· Assist the Treasurer and Council Chairman in financial, business and legal transactions.
· Oversee banking and investing activities, seeking the counsel of the Treasurer.
· Have checking signing privileges along with the Council Chairman and Treasurer.
· Annually review insurance policies to assure adequate Church coverage.
· Adhere to the standards of ECFA (Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability)
· Insure state and local filings are completed on a timely basis.
· Serve as a resource for personnel matters, including benefits, compensation, salary plans, wage and labor issues.
· Manage the Church’s liability issues and worker compensation claims.
Submit resume to: email@example.com; Subject: Business Administrator