The class A truck driver will handle a 53-foot refrigerated trailer, pick up loads of food, deliver between warehouses, as well as to our food distributions. The driver is also responsible for loading and unloading truck with a pallet jack. The driver enhances the donor and distribution volunteer experience by providing exceptional customer service. Most of our food distributions are at churches and because we are a Christian faith based ministry, Christian character must be prevalent in the life of all employees.
- Class A Driver’s License
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Availability to work some evenings and a minimum of 2 Saturdays per month. (No Overnights!)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Cross-trains and works in all areas of the warehouse as needed when there is no driving
- Assists in maintaining trucks and trailers by doing proper regular required inspections
- Willingness to load and unload trucks when necessary
- Attends and participates in training programs and meetings as assigned
Full time employees are eligible for benefits including medical, life and dental insurance, retirement plan and paid time off! Drivers earn an additional $2.00 per hour on Saturdays.