$85,819.41 - $128,726.78 Annually
4/10/2023 2:00 PM Central
Seeking an expert Senior COBOL Developer to come join us on our Business Technology Solutions Property Information Search mainframe development and support team. We are a small and streamlined, collaborative team and offer excellent work life balance.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours: This position is remote. Remote workers may be required to come on-site an average of 0 to 12 days a year for work meetings, trainings, or for any other reasons that their supervisor may deem necessary (may include additional days for onboarding and new employee training). Supervisors will provide as much advance notice as practicable. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. While this position is designated as remote, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin. New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022, to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment. About the position type: This is a full-time, benefits earning position. This position is internally classified as an Information Technology (IT) Developer Level III. Click here to view the job classification specification. The position is eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $2,574.91 that can be earned annually based on performance. In this position you will:
· Work with the support team to participate in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle to support property assessment and tax processing on the mainframe system:
o Define requirements for system changes.
o Analyze impact and risks of proposed system changes.
o Make recommendations for system changes.
o Create estimates for change efforts.
o Create technical design specifications, test plans, and other support documentation.
o Execute and implement change plans.
· Work with business partners to understand business needs.
· Collaborate across matrixed organization to deliver technical support to our business partners.
· Serve as a technical liaison between business departments and IT department.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Six years or more of technology experience.
o Two-year college/vocational technical degree in a technology field and five years or more of IT experience.
o Approved information technology certificate and five years or more of IT experience.
o Completion of five college/vocational technical technology courses and five years or more of IT experience.
o Completion of approved IT Hennepin County internship and five years or more of IT experience.
o Bachelor's degree or higher in a technology field and three years or more of IT experience.
o Master's degree in information technology and one year or more of IT experience.
· Ability to work occasional but regular rotation for minimal after hours on-call support for daily scheduled jobs; on-call includes potential holidays and weekends.
Nice to have:
· Five years or more of Mainframe COBOL programming experience with intermediate knowledge of IBM mainframe databases, both IMS and DB2.
· Experience with configuring MVS JCL, Changeman (or equivalent), Easytrieve, Xpeditier, Fileaid, and Abendaid.
· Experience with accounting systems and/or property tax.
· Work closely with other development team members to implement Hennepin County patterns for solutions based on requirements and organization-specific designs and technology reference model directions.
· Collaborate with development team members and customers to rapidly build and support applications.
· Distributed development abilities; one of the following:
o Develop and support system components using common web and Microsoft technologies such as Java, Angular, C#, .Net, Rest APIs, and MS Azure Cloud.
o Develop user interface (UI) solutions for web-based applications using preferred frameworks like Angular and Bootstrap that follow Hennepin County usability guidelines and practices.
o Microsoft SQL Server Database skills; ability to write SQL that queries and updates MS SQL tables.
About the department: Resident and Real Estate Services covers the foundational responsibilities of government: land surveying, land recording, property tax collection and distribution, voter registration and elections. Our eight service centers locations provide access to licenses, vital records, and other documents that help the constituency of Hennepin County. About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at bridge.hennepin.us/eligibility (select Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. Applications will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor on a regular basis. Posting will remain open until filled. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates shall be required to complete a background check. If you have any questions, please contact: Pajoua Chang Pajoua.Chang@hennepin.us