Hennepin County’s Office of Broadband & Digital Inclusion department is seeking a Digital Navigation Supervisor. This position oversees all aspects of frontline Digital Navigation staff and contracted partners and plays a key role as a member of the leadership team. The Digital Navigation service provides tailored solutions to residents and their families, to help ensure that every household is able to get connected to the digital world. This position makes decisions in the best interest of the county, taking action where delegated, promptly escalating and resolving issues, and modeling high standards of performance, communication, collaboration, ethics, and leadership.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program.
Location and hours: This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401 and remote as job duties require. The primary schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with flexibility to respond to business needs. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin. New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022, to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.About the position type:
This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
This position is internally classified as an Information Technology (IT) Supervisor. Click here to view the job classification specification.
In this position, you will:
· Hold responsibility for hiring, managing, developing, coaching and performance management of team members; set high expectations; and develop and track goals for the team and individuals.
· Take an ownership role over the team’s services, including its tools, systems, expectations and workflows, and ensure high-quality service delivery; create and own roadmaps for future improvements.
· Make delegated decisions as the team’s primary point of escalation.
· Interact respectfully and productively with clients. Solicit feedback from direct reports, peers, and others within the organization.
· Serve as the chief representative of the Digital Navigation team and build relationships across departments and work to expand the organization’s awareness and utilization of Digital Navigation.
· Manage vendors that support the team’s services, including procurement, contracting and vendor management.
· Be data focused; measure and analyze team performance and service delivery. Review these results with the team and department leadership.
· Participate as a critical member of the department’s leadership team: Assist in developing and evaluating new programs and projects; recommend opportunities for new or improved public services or internal process improvements; be available during core working hours to promptly resolve emergent issues.
· Lead by example; provide a model of professionalism, consistency, punctuality, friendliness, candor, and support.
· Maintain and develop technology knowledge standards and promote technical training in line with organizational goals; ensure productive working relationships with the IT community and other county departments.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Eight years or more of experience as an information technology specialist within the last ten years; five of which were at the senior IT specialist level.
o Associate's degree in a related field (or approved certification in an information technology program) and six years or more of experience as an information technology specialist within the last eight years; three of which were at the senior IT specialist level.
o Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, management information systems (MIS), or closely related field, and four years or more of experience as an information technology specialist within the last six years; two of which were at the senior IT specialist level.
Nice to have:
o Supervising and leading teams.
o Engaging with communities and providers.
o Working in areas of racial equity or disparity reduction.
o Preparing budgets and monitoring grant funding.
o Using data to develop and achieve program goals.
o Providing effective interpersonal, coaching, negotiating, conflict management, and consensus-building skills.
· Ability to:
o Build and nurture productive, respectful relationships among peers internally and externally.
o Build and expand on existing communication channels with internal and external partners; share resources, burdens, and constructive feedback.
o Identify program and policy opportunities for consideration.
o Work effectively with an increasingly diverse client, staff, and community population.
o Collaborate effectively with served individuals, communities, and stakeholders.
o Use a collaborative approach to problem solving with a diverse range of people. Promote racial equity and address disparities within programs and services.
About the department: The Office of Broadband and Digital Inclusion (OBDI) leads Hennepin County’s strategies to equip residents with the tools, knowledge and skills they need to thrive in a digital world. Part of the Disparity Reduction line of business, we work to ensure that all residents are able to access and realize the transformative power of reliable broadband choices, computing devices, and digital literacy and internet-safety skills.About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (select Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.If you have any questions, please contact: