The Hennepin County Elections department is responsible for the administration and supervision of all federal, state, and local elections in the county and 800,000 registered voters. The department continues to expand in size, scope, and complexity in response to state and local election legislative changes, program area expansion, procedural changes, and expansion of operational responsibility within the department. The department is seeking to hire an Elections Division Manager - Clerk and Voter Services to effectively manage and respond to department mission, vision, and service changes. This position will work closely with department management and will assume various management level operational functions for the department, while providing essential support to department leadership and management of the department’s clerk and voter services division. A commitment to the department’s mission to ensure equitable access to voting while administering accurate, impartial, and secure elections, with strong operational management skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, proactive problem solving, and organized resource management skills are essential to the position. Location and hours: This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at the Hennepin County Government Center at 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487 and remotely. Work hours are primarily days, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and are flexible. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin. About this position type: This is a full-time, benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as an Administrative Manager. Click here to view the job classification specification.In this position, you will:
· Coordinate and manage all aspects of city and school election administrator and election judge training programs.
· Supervise and develop regular and seasonal staff supporting election administrator and election judge training.
· Coordinate and manage all aspects of the department’s customer service program area providing accurate information and resources to voters and the public; and provide management, supervision and development of regular and seasonal staff supporting customer service.
· Manage division performance and strategic planning; define program goals and policies.
· Manage strategic procurements, maintain department contracts related to services, and technology and software supporting the delivery and development of training and customer service.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with external partners including city and school district clerks, state and federal election partners and internal partners across county department and divisions.
· Support department management with communication among county leadership including preparation and monitoring of board action requests and department budget.
· Chair county-wide, intergovernmental, and department committees or task forces; represent the county and department on committee meetings internally and externally.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Nine or more years of experience related to organizational operations or programs or a specialty area appropriate to the position.
o Bachelor's degree or higher in business administration, political science, or other field appropriate to the position and five or more years of experience related to organizational operations or programs or a specialty area appropriate to the position.
Nice to have:
· Five years or more experience administering elections in Minnesota.
· Experience applying modern instructional design and adult learning principles in training program development and training facilitation.
· Experience evaluating and implementing technology and software to develop and deliver specialized trainings.
· Ability to:
o Interpret and apply Minnesota election statutes, rules and understanding of federal election laws, local city charters and ordinances.
o Direct a major division within a department.
o Read and interpret complex policies and procedures, evaluate policy alternatives, and design and deliver training.
o Work collaboratively with a diverse group of team members and internal and external partners.
o Prepare, monitor, and analyze budget and administer grant funds related to division.
o Communicate and interact with others in a clear, concise, and approachable manner.
· In-depth knowledge of:
o Video conferencing technology including; Adobe Connect, Zoom, and Cisco WebEx.
o Image and video editing software including; Adobe photoshop, Premier and InDesign.
o eLearning and customer service software including; Articulate Storyline, Rise, Survey Monkey, Qualtrics and Finesse.
o Working with Microsoft office applications, including SharePoint and Teams.
About the department: Hennepin County Elections works with partners at the federal, state, and local level to provide voting services to over one million eligible county residents in over 400 polling places throughout the county. Program areas include voter registration, absentee voting, voter education and engagement, local election clerk training, voting technology, election day operations, results reporting and certification, recounts and audits, candidate filing, campaign finance reporting, violation investigations, and elections data stewardship.About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge - select Guest.Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.Your future. Made here.This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates may be required to complete a background check.