The Hennepin County Information Technology (IT) Department is seeking a student currently enrolled in or who has recently graduated (within 6-months) in a Project Management certificate program, associate's, bachelor's or master's degree program in communications, business management, IT or a related field to participate in a part-time internship. This position requires a level three security check as a requirement for employment.Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours:
This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at Government Center 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis MN 55487 and remote as job duties require. Work hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. This internship will start January 2024, and will last up to two years in duration. This intern will work approximately 20 hours/week. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin.
New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.
About this position type:
This position is a part-time non-benefit earning internship.
This position is internally classified as an Intern II. Click hereto view the job classification specification.
Note: You must attach a resume with your application materials in order to be considered for this position. In this position, you will:
· Participate in meeting planning and scheduling, create and distribute meeting minutes.
· Manage and deliver updates to the project team on your assignments and related information.
· Participate in upcoming Request for Proposal activities to gain exposure to government solicitation processes.
· Participate in county IT Project Management Community of Practice as available/relevant to goals.
Need to have:
· Current enrollment orrecently graduated (within 6-months) in a Project Management certificate program, associate's, bachelor's or master's degree program in business management, management information system (MIS), computer science, IT or a related field.
· Access to reliable internet connection and self-support hybrid office space.
Nice to have:
· Experience with:
· Project management.
· Providing direction or leadership to others.
· Microsoft office products or equivalent Google products to create spreadsheets, reports and tables, data analysis and interpretation, project management, and note taking.
· IT experience and/or computer networking.
· Ability to:
· Talk in front of small groups.
· Be responsible, detail orientated and self-directed.
· Knowledge of Project Manager/Business Analyst relationship and division of work.
· Strong writing skills.
· Experience leading and directing others.
About the department:
Technology is the foundation of our work – and the work of every county employee. The Information Technology department is here to help our employees work smarter, faster and better. It is made up of 6 divisions: business solutions, enterprise architecture, enterprise development, finance and support services, operations, and special projects.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to pass a background check post interview. Hennepin County values employee retention and engagement through a culture of individual development. If you are a current employee looking for an internship you are responsible for communicating and seeking approval from your supervisor/manager on an arrangement on schedule and workload prior to accepting the paid internship position. The compensation for the internship will be paid at the amount advertised in this posting.If you have any questions, please contact:Brooke HaafBrooke.Haaf@hennepin.usinternship2000