Think beyond the desk with your education in real estate, finance, or economics. The Hennepin County Assessor's Office is seeking to fill multiple residential appraisal internship opportunities. Interns will work with appraisers in the field collecting data for property tax valuation purposes and other appraisal related tasks. Appraisal experience is not required. Hands-on and field training will be provided.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours:
These positions are hybrid and will be performed both on-site at various sites throughout suburban Hennepin County and remote as job duties require. These are full-time, summer internships working daytime hours, Monday through Friday. These internships will start in May and end in August with the potential to extend on a case-by-case bases. These internships will require traveling to different sites throughout suburban Hennepin County. Interns receive mileage and parking reimbursement for business-related travel. While these positions are designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin.
About these position types:
These are full-time non-benefit earning internship positions.
These positions are internally classified as an Intern II.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
In this internship, you will:
· Collect property data for annual property equalization.
· Measure and sketch properties.
· Capture and organize property photos.
· Complete interior inspections within revaluation areas.
· Read blueprints and sketch new structures.
· Assist with a variety of appraisal functions.
· Enter data into the computer aided mass appraisal application.
Need to have:
· Current enrollment in an undergraduate, graduate or a recent graduate (within 6 months) in a degree program in real estate, finance, economics, architectural drafting, business or other related fields.
· A valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation available for travel within the metro area.
· Ability to make physical measurements of real property using tapes or other distance measuring tools, walk on uneven terrain, and climb stairs in order to view physical or structural features of properties, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Nice to have:
· Knowledge and aptitude in computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
· Strong communication and organization skills.
· Strong customer service skills.
Note: You must attach a resume with your application materials to be considered for these positions.
About the department:
The Assessor's Office mission is to value and classify property, uniformly and accurately. The County Assessor estimates the value your property would likely sell for on the open market, which is one factor in determining your property tax. Property taxes are used to pay for local government services.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.
Hennepin County values employee retention and engagement through a culture of individual development. If you are a current employee looking for an internship you are responsible for communicating and seeking approval from your supervisor/manager on an arrangement on schedule and workload prior to accepting the paid internship position. The compensation for the internship will be paid at the amount advertised in this posting.