Technology is the foundation of our work – and it supports the work of every county employee. Be a part of the Strategic Planning team in the Strategic Alignment division, as a Strategic Messaging intern. The intern will work closely with IT staff and other business partners on messaging. This work can involve developing and improving information sharing processes to Hennepin County IT departments. This position requires a level 3 security check as a requirement for employment. Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral programLocation and hours:This position is remote. Remote workers may be required to come on-site an average of 0 to 12 days a year for work meetings, trainings, or for any other reasons that their supervisor may deem necessary (may include additional days for onboarding and new employee training). Supervisors will provide as much advance notice as practicable. Work hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. This internship will start May 30th, 2023, and will last up to two years in duration. This intern will work approximately 20 hours/week.While this position is designated as remote, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin. New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment. About this position type: This position is a part-time non-benefit earning internship.This position is internally classified as an Intern II.Click here to view the job classification specification. In this position, you will:
· Create documents and presentations.
· Develop messaging within Hennepin County IT relating to:
· Awards and celebrations.
· IT department and community information and sharing.
· All staff meetings.
· Edit content and provide write-ups to IT leadership team including the executive priority board (EPB), budget briefings, CIO newsletter, and other communications.
· Draft plain language summaries for IT department and community information and sharing.
· Craft talking points for all IT department meetings.
· Edit and proofread content for newsletters and other communications.
· Develop and manage SharePoint content and marketing calendar.
Need to have:
· Current enrollment as a sophomore or higher in an undergraduate program or recent graduate (within 6 months) in a bachelor's or master's degree program in strategic communication, communication, journalism,or a related field.
· Access to reliable internet connection and self-support remote office space.
Nice to have:
· Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Google Documents, Google Slides, Google Email/Calendar, other web publishing software.
· Excellent writing and communication skills.
· Ability to:
o Document information effectively.
o Work across stakeholder groups, including executive level leaders.
o Be self-sufficient and work with a high level of trust and professionalism.
o Organize, catalog, and formulate information that can be communicated to various audiences at all levels.
o Seek out information and data and catalog that knowledge for both current and future messaging needs.
Note: Please attach two writing samples with your application materials to be considered for this position. Candidates may submit writing samples produced for class, article published in student publications or from another internship.About the department: Technology is the foundation of our work – and the work of every county employee. The Information Technology department is here to help our employees work smarter, faster and better. It is made up of 7 divisions: business solutions, services management, enterprise architecture, enterprise development, finance and support services, operations, and strategic planning.About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to pass a background check post interview.Hennepin County values employee retention and engagement through a culture of individual development. If you are a current employee looking for an internship you are responsible for communicating and seeking approval from your supervisor/manager on an arrangement on schedule and workload prior to accepting the paid internship position. The compensation for the internship will be paid at the amount advertised in this posting.If you have any questions, please contact: Megan Baermegan.firstname.lastname@example.org internship2000