Come join Hennepin County Library (HCL) in our Public Services area. We are seeking Librarians to engage with the diverse communities of Hennepin County to advance equity and to help reduce disparities in education, employment, income, and justice. Librarians lead and support staff in delivering a variety of programs and services with a strong emphasis on engaging with communities locally. This job is a match for you if you enjoy relationship building, providing access to information resources, participating in community outreach, and are passionate about shaping the future of how we deliver service in our communities.
Candidates interested in youth, teen, and adult services are encouraged to apply at this time! To hear directly from our staff about the work we do at HCL – click here!
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.Location and hours: The list created from this posting may be used to fill future openings. Candidates who are recommended for hire after the interview may be added to a list of eligible candidates. This list may remain active for up to one year.
For a list of all locations click here. Staff schedules require evening and weekend shifts. These positions will provide in building services.
About the position type: These positions are internally classified as a Librarian. Click here to view the job classification specification.
In these positions, you will:
· Provide excellent library service to community members of all ages and abilities and from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
· Reach out to community organizations; develop and maintain relationships and collaborate to create services and programs that fit local needs and interests and that reflect the mission of Hennepin County Library.
· Create a positive work environment through flexibility, accountability, and leadership.
Need to have:
· ALA (American Library Association) accredited Master's degree in Library Science or Information Science.
Nice to have:
o Building community connections with a wide variety of organizations to collaborate, develop, and deliver programs or services.
o Providing customer service, instruction, or outreach to customers of all ages and backgrounds.
o Working with youth.
· Ability to be patron-focused and flexible, adjusting the services delivered as community needs, resources, and technology evolve.
· Commitment to advancing equity and reducing disparities in the community.
· Skill in the use of computers and electronic retrieval of information.
· Fluency in one or more languages other than English.
Candidates with fluency in another language in addition to English are encouraged to apply. Bilingual candidates who pass a language assessment may qualify for additional bilingual pay and duties. About the department:Hennepin County Library works to nourish minds, transform lives, and build community together. Our digital and physical collections seek to preserve the past, inform the present, and inspire the future. We support the public good with responsive programs and services that aid and enrich the lives of every resident. All are welcome here. About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates may be required to complete a background check. If you have any questions, please contact:Majestanina Vang Majestanina.Vang@hennepin.us