The Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) area within Health and Human Services is seeking a Public Health Nurse to work in the Initial Assessments area. The Public Health Nurse will work on an interdisciplinary team of public health nurses and social workers and will complete assessments that are person-centered and strengths and needs-based. They will utilize the MnCHOICES assessment tool to determine eligibility, level of care, and service needs. The team administers Medicaid waivers and state programs that in addition to serving seniors, also serves individuals with brain injury, mental health, and/or complex medical, developmental, and physical disabilities. Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program. Location and hours: This position is hybrid and will be performed both in the community where the residents reside, and remote as job duties require. Work hours are primarily days, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with an occasional need to work outside of these hours. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin. New employees who are hired into hybrid positions between January 2, 2022, to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment. About the position type: This is a full-time, benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as a Nurse, Public Health. Click here to view the job classification specification.In this position, you will:
· Conduct person-centered comprehensive social/health/medical/psychological initial assessments where the person resides.
· Complete referrals and transfers for service planning and for crisis intervention services.
· Determine person’s risk of institutional care and their level of care according to state and federal criteria.
· Analyze assessed data and assist individuals to identify relevant goals along with specific supports that will enhance their ability to meet goals.
· Coordinate access to Medicaid Waiver programs and Medicaid Home Care services.
Need to have:
· Licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the state of Minnesota.
· Certification as a Public Health Nurse by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
· A bachelor's degree or higher in nursing from an accredited school of nursing and six months or more of full-time equivalent work experience in providing home and community-based services.
· A valid driver's license and daily access to reliable transportation to travel within and outside the metro area to meet with people in their residential settings and/or perform authorized off-site work duties.
Nice to have:
· Two or more years of experience providing home and community-based services with training and certification specific to assessment and consultation for long-term care services in the state.
· Experience working with individuals who have complex medical needs, serious and persistent mental illness, or developmental delays and the services and networks that serve them.
· Experience providing case management.
· Familiarity with computer systems and software.
About the department: Human Services delivers a variety of services to individuals or families that assist with basic needs or encourage change around specific objectives. We work with individuals as well as systems and communities to develop policy and advocate for the people we serve. The people we serve and our communities are connected. By helping one, we help the other.About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge - select Guest. Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. This position may have access to systems or other documentation that contains HIPAA data. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.If you have any questions, please contact: Rebecca MaddausRebecca.Maddaus@hennepin.us