The Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation (DOCCR) is seeking an Office Specialist III to work within the Adult Pre-Adjudication Services division (APAS). This position will primarily provide support to probation officers in Central Intake, and Felony Investigations. Hennepin County employees in the Office Specialist III job classification are encouraged to apply to be considered for lateral transfer. Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program.Location and hours:This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at the Government Center, 300 S. 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55487 as well as various DOCCR sites and remote, as job duties require. Work hours will be Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin.About this position type:This is a full-time, benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as an Office Specialist III. Click here to view the job classification specification.In this position, you will:
· Provide customer service both in person and by telephone, to clients, attorneys, court personnel, the general public, and probation staff.
· Receive referrals from District Court and create accurate electronic files in our client data system Court Services Tracking System (CSTS); enter work to be completed in SharePoint and update case files that will be transferred or closed.
· Review court calendars for cases that are in need of a Criminal Record Summary and assign the reports to our probation officers.
· Be responsible for the physical office space and request repairs as needed, prepare offices for new staff joining our division.
· Provide front desk coverage and other administrative tasks as needed.
· Provide occasional support to probation officers in other locations.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Two years or more of office clerical experience.
o Two years or more of related post-high school education.