Be the person our employees can count on. We're hiring a PeopleSoft Technical Developer to serve as a key member of the Hennepin County APEX technology team supporting the PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application system. The APEX technology team supports human resources, payroll, finance, and procurement functions.In this role, you will provide tactical guidance to the team and technical leadership for APEX, including expertise and assistance regarding tools and applications, design recommendations based on long-term IT and APEX organization strategy. This may be a fit for you if you are looking for a role that combines your technical skills with a team-focused mindset, problem solving and time management skills. Candidates must have a right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by an employer.Effective December 31, 2023, there will be a general salary adjustment of 2.5% to the minimum and maximum of the range.Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit the employee referral program page.Location and hours:This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at the Hennepin County Government Center in downtown Minneapolis, 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487 and remote as job duties require. Work hours will typically be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin.New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.About the position type: This is a full-time benefit earning positions.This position is internally classified as an IT Developer level III.Clickhere to view the job classification specification.Once an employee reaches the maximum of the salary range, they may be eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $2574.91 that can be earned annually based on performance. Note: You must attach a cover letter and resume with your application materials to be considered for this position. In this position, you will:
· Provide PeopleSoft technical knowledge to determine standards/best practices and technical feasibility for business processes.
· Translate functional specifications into a technical design.
· Develop, test, and document PeopleSoft applications based on technical specifications.
· Serve as a technical developer and participate in the following activities as part of support for the PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning:
o Develop applications to extract and load data using Component Interfaces, Application Engine, Database Utilities, and SQR.
o Develop system interfaces using PeopleSoft integration broker; create new definitions to interface between internal/external systems and PeopleSoft.
o Develop custom processes or modifications to meet functional requirements.
o Develop custom reports using BI Publisher, SQR, and PeopleSoft COBOL.
· Analyze and troubleshoot system performance and technical issues; provide on-call support for critical problems as needed.
Need to have:You must have one of the following:
· Six years or more of IT experience.
· Completion of five college/vocational technical technology courses and five years or more of IT experience.
· Completion of an approved IT Hennepin County internship and five years or more of IT experience.
· An approved IT certificate and five years or more of IT experience.
· Two year college/vocational technical degree in a technology field and five years or more of IT experience.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in a technology field and three years or more of IT experience.
· Master's degree or higher in a technology field and one year or more of IT experience.
Nice to have:
· Four or more years of technical development experience with PeopleSoft Applications (Financial Management (FIN), Human Capital Management (HCM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)).
· Experience with:
o Using PeopleSoft's IDE, PeopleCode, Application Package, Application Engine, Integration Broker, BI Publisher, and COBOL.
o Working in object-oriented technologies.
o Development in Oracle Cloud infrastructure experience.
o Supporting high priority systems/applications, including developing technical designs, coding, testing, and troubleshooting computer applications.
o Data conversion and system interface programs.
o PeopleSoft security.
o PHIRE change management system to create change request versions and migrate to other non-prod environments.
· Ability to analyze problems and troubleshoot.
· Ability to work in a project team environment and develop/maintain a positive partnering relationship with business and technical project team staff.
About the department:The Office of Budget & Finance works hard to ensure sound credit conditions, working capital, and overall financial health within Hennepin County by supporting strategic objectives through leveraging technology, effective management of financial and human resource systems and services, as well as Hennepin County's commitment to equal opportunity, affirmative action, diversity, and inclusion. About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (Log in as Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. This posting will be used to current and fill future vacancies. This position may have access to systems or other documentation that contains HIPAA data. Applications will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor on an on-going basis until the position is filled. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check. If you have any questions, please contact: Roberta Arpinar Roberta.Arpinar@hennepin.us