Hennepin County Housing and Economic Development is seeking a Project Manager - Home Inspector who is passionate about helping people and has strong communication skills to join our team. This position is in the Housing Grants division and will work on grant programs managing residential renovation projects involving health and safety improvements.Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program.Location and hours: This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at 701 4th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55415 and remote as job duties require. This position serves many individual property owners located across the county and requires meetings and inspections in homes. The hours are primarily 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin. New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022, to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.About the position type:This is a full-time, benefit earning position.This position is internally classified as a Planning Analyst, Senior. Click here to view the job classification specification. In this position, you will:
· Provide in-person assistance to program participants and oversee their projects from inspection to construction completion.
· Conduct home inspections; lead-based paint inspections/risk assessments and clearance inspections in residential dwelling units.
· Prepare inspection reports.
· Develop and monitor scopes of work and contractors on-site.
· Advise property owners on the grant program bidding process and contractor selection.
· Coordinate construction and completion with property occupants.
· Interpret and administer federal regulations and directives; communicate with appropriate parties.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Bachelor's degree in any field and a minimum of two courses in research methods, analysis, statistics, project management, planning or evaluation and 18 months or more of planning analyst experience (e.g., analysis, evaluation, and/or project management).
o Bachelor's degree in one of the fields listed below and one year or more of relevant planning analyst experience (e.g., analysis, evaluation, and/or project management).
o Master's degree or higher in urban planning, public administration, business administration, or a field appropriate to the area of specialization
· Building official and/or home inspector licensure.
· Working as residential inspector.
· In construction related project management.
· Engaging with partner agencies, community members, businesses, and other stakeholders in coordination of complex projects.
· Providing customer service that includes in-person experience communicating complex information to individuals or leading participants through program processes.
· Demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Work independently and in a team environment.
· Effectively interact with people from diverse backgrounds.
About the department: Hennepin County Housing and Economic Development works to build and strengthen communities by developing quality, affordable housing and creating healthy built environments that provide transportation choices and community connections, attract investment and create jobs.About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at bridge.hennepin.us/eligibility (select Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. This posting will be used to fill current and future full-time, benefit-earning regular and grant-funded vacancies. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.If you have any questions, please contact: Pajoua ChangPajoua.Chang@hennepin.us