Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit the employee referral program page.Location and hours:This position is located at the Public Works Facility at 1600 Prairie Drive, Medina, Minnesota, 55340. There is no public transportation to this facility. Work hours vary seasonally, generally from four 10-hour days in the summer to five 8-hour days in the winter. This position requires rotating on-call after hours duty, which includes weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Hours will vary during the winter season based on snow and ice control needs.
About the position type: This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
This position is internally classified as a Public Works Foreman.Clickhere to view the job classification specification.
In this position, you will:
· Supervise and oversee multiple employees/crews to include hiring, training and mentoring employees, and reviewing and authorizing timecards.
· Instruct and provide training for crew members in work methods, use of tools and equipment and relevant safety precautions.
· Inspect job sites to determine work required and to evaluate outcomes.
· Estimate personnel, material, and equipment requirements for assigned jobs; order and maintain an adequate inventory of material; manage overtime and standing schedules.
· Prepare and maintain a variety of reports and records, including worksheets, accident reports and maintenance requests.
· Respond to questions and complaints from the public, property owners, private contractors and others.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Five or more years of journey/lead worker level experience in highway/heavy operations, design, planning or construction.
o Completion of an approved job-related technical training program and four or more years of journey/lead worker level experience in highway/heavy operations, design, planning or construction.
o Thirty (30) or more semester credits (45 or more quarter credits) in job-related technical courses or public works management courses from an accredited school, college or university and four or more years of journey/lead worker level experience in highway/heavy operations, design, planning or construction.
· A valid Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with airbrake endorsement.