The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion department (DEI) is seeking a Senior Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Consultant to lead county-wide program development efforts in the areas of curriculum design and training for diversity, equity, and inclusion programs. This includes providing consulting services and leadership coaching to departmental lines of business to further department-based strategies that align with county goals, mission, and core values for diversity and inclusion. DEI mission is to prepare the organization with the knowledge, tools, and processes to promote equitable policies and practices, authentic and inclusive engagement, to actively reduce disparities and promote equity in Hennepin County. This position will champion the county's Total Rewards philosophy of benefits, pay and culture, supporting the Core Value of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program.Location and hours: This position is remote. Remote workers may be required to come on-site an average of 0 to 12 days a year for work meetings, trainings, or for any other reasons that their supervisor may deem necessary (may include additional days for onboarding and new employee training). Supervisors will provide as much advance notice as practicable. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. While this position is designated as remote, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin.New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.About the position type:This is a full-time, benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as an Administrative Assistant, Senior. Click here to view the job classification specification.In this position, you will:
· Lead county-wide program development efforts including the creation and implementation of training for diversity, equity & inclusion programs and classes.
· Manage assigned training programs including content development, materials, class participants, and logistics.
· Provide consulting services and leadership coaching to departmental lines of business to further department-based strategies that align with county goals, mission, and core values for diversity, equity & inclusion.
· Develop and maintain partnerships with all county lines of business, community, educational partners, and consultants; engage and partner with other employers.
· Collaborate with county lines of business in the design, development, and implementation of leadership skills training curricula into leadership training programs, classes, eLearning, and seminars; and provide guidance to lines of business leaders for diversity, equity & inclusion services.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Eight or more years of professional human resources or related diversity, equity and inclusion experience.
o Bachelor's degree or higher in business administration, industrial relations, human resources administration, public administration, psychology or a field closely related to the position and four or more years of professional human resources or related diversity, equity and inclusion experience.
· Ability and willingness to travel to multiple locations around Hennepin County, some of which may not be accessible by public transportation.
Nice to have:
· Three or more years of training and development experience which includes project management, training program management, leadership development and course design, development, and implementation.
o Creating comprehensive training programs that develop skills and competencies of employees at all levels of the organization.
o In research, design, development, implementation and evaluation of training for diversity, equity, and inclusion classes/programs.
o Collaborating with high-level management on best practices for adult learning and development initiatives.
o In racial, gender, LGBTQIA, neurodiversity, and differing ability equity.
· A passion and commitment to diversity and inclusion that reflects a deep understanding of current thinking in the field and the ability to translate best practices into strategy and action.
· Knowledge of best practices in adult training and curriculum development.
· Presentation, group facilitation, communication and consulting skills.
· Project management skills including experience managing multiple, concurrent projects.
· Ability to collaborate and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, departmental senior management and management teams.
About the department: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion department supports the county's disparity reduction efforts, and mission is to prepare the organization with the knowledge, tools, and processes to promote equitable policies and practices, authentic and inclusive engagement, to actively reduce disparities and promote equity in Hennepin County.About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at bridge.hennepin.us/eligibility (select Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. Note: You must attach a resume with your application materials to be considered for this position. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Work sample will be requested at the time of interview. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.If you have any questions, please contact: Pajoua ChangPajoua.Chang@hennepin.us