Advantage Point Group is looking to add a Senior Electrical Designer to our team. We are looking for a team-oriented, highly motivated and experienced Senior Electrical Designer for our St Paul office located near 3M.
The Senior Electrical Designer is responsible for producing quality construction documents and coordinating design work with other engineering disciplines. Electrical Designer will be responsible for planning, designing and completing projects as assigned. They will work self-sufficiently and cooperatively with the design team.
· Develop Electrical Design Drawings.
· Develop and understand the electrical design markups.
· Work on creating new drawings.
· Research and collect data for design options, as well as develop designs.
· Attend design related meetings with clients to present and define their needs, provide project status, and respond to requests or concerns – both verbally and in writing.
· Perform electrical power and lighting calculations such as short circuit, voltage drop and load calculations, as required.
· Reformulate designs based on unexpected circumstances or client changes
· Communicate with project managers and other interested parties as to timelines, progress and deviations from schedule or budget.
· Review drawings and research codes to verify compliance with city, state, and county regulations.
· Review submittals to ensure compliance with project scope.
· Be able to manage several projects at one time.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in electrical design, performing calculations for power distribution systems, lighting and special systems for commercial, industrial facility construction projects.
· Past experience working with 3M drawings a plus.
· Degree from an accredited technical school in Electrical Construction/Design or Degree in Electrical engineering.
· Strong knowledge of Autodesk products (Revit MEP, AutoCAD), Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office required.
· Must have great interpersonal skills and communication skills – both written and verbal.
· Must be a self-starter, capable of working independently and as a member of a group.
· Excellent organizational, design, project management and problem-solving skills.
· Knowledge of NEC and local codes
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00 - $55.00 per hour DOE, plus benefits (Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K (matching immediately), HSA, Vacation, Holiday, PTO)