The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office (HCSO) is currently seeking a Crime Scene Investigator to join their team in the Forensic Science Laboratory. The HCSO Forensic Science Laboratory is an internationally-accredited laboratory that offers a multitude of forensic services to agencies throughout the county. Crime Scene Investigators are responsible for the processing of crime scenes throughout Hennepin County as well as performing patrol functions. A scientific background is not required.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours:Shifts for this position start and end at the Forensic Science Laboratory located at 531 Park Avenue, Minneapolis MN 55415. This position requires working a flexible schedule including days, evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays. This schedule requires being on call 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, and 365 days/year.About the position type:
This is a full-time benefit earning position.This position is internally classified as a Sheriff Crime Scene Investigator.Clickhereto view the job classification specification.
In this position, you will:
· Locate, collect, preserve, and process evidence.
· Photograph crime and accident scenes.
· Measure, sketch, and complete diagrams of crime scenes.
· Package evidence for transportation to forensic laboratory facility.
· Locate, develop, and recover latent fingerprints.
· Perform specialized functions including bloodstain pattern analysis, shooting reconstruction/trajectory analysis, and forensic mapping.
· Testify in court and present and explain photographs, charts, and exhibits.
· Educate law enforcement agencies in crime scene management.
Need to have:
· One year of experience as a licensed Peace Officer.
· An active Minnesota Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) license as a Peace Officer.