The Juvenile Detention Center within the Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation (DOCCR) is seeking a Senior Social Worker to help expand and build the multi-disciplinary services to residents.Location and hours:This position is located at the Hennepin County Juvenile Detention Center at 510 Park Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55415. Work hours are typically Monday through Friday, days and evenings. There may be the need to adjust hours to meet the needs of residents. Based on current requirements hires must live in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin.
About this position type:This is a full time, benefit earning position.This position is internally classified as a Social Worker, Senior.Clickhere to view the job classification specification.
In this position, you will:
· Oversee the development of individual case, behavior, and safety plans with input from the multidisciplinary treatment team including residents and assigned probation officers.
· Perform group work with assigned residents as indicated in treatment plan.
· Participate and engage in overall program and intervention development.
· Prepare residents for successful return to the community and ensure that support and resources are in place.
· Confer, consult, and work with related personnel in community social services, mental health, education, and other service systems to activate resident treatment plans.
· Facilitate resident groups; including but not limited to Cognitive Behavioral Interventions (CBI) and Decision Points.
· Facilitate and co-facilitate psychoeducational groups.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Licensed as a Graduate Social Worker by the Minnesota Board of Social Work.
o Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or human services, and 18 or more semester (27 quarter) credits of graduate work in the below areas, and three years or more of full-time supervised experience as a social worker.
o Master's degree or higher in social work or closely related field with course work emphasis in areas such as social work methods, human growth and behavior, and principles of social welfare.
· A valid driver's license.
· Be 21 years of age or older.
Nice to have:
o Providing case management.
o Working in a residential setting with adolescents and their families.
o Working with Evidenced-Based Practices with mindfulness of quality assurance.
o Developing effective relationships with clients in individual, family, and group therapy.
o Providing culturally appropriate services, working effectively with an increasingly diverse client population.
o Preparing written reports.
o Designing and following through on intensive long or short-term treatment plans.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.