$63,295.19 - $95,606.70 Annually
1/25/2023 11:59 PM Central
The Human Services Adult Behavioral Health area is seeking to hire a Senior Social Worker (SSW) to assist in early identification and intervention for individuals with mental health, medical, and substance use needs who reside in congregate living facilities and have contact with emergency response systems such as law enforcement, fire, or EMS. This position will provide community outreach, resources, consultation, and care coordination to those referred. This position will also serve as a backup social worker for the Alternative Response Team Pilot. The Alternative Response Team is comprised of a social worker and a community paramedic. The team responds to urgent behavioral health related 911 calls.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Effective January 1, 2023, there will be a salary increase of 2.5% to the minimum and maximum of the range.
Location and hours: This position will be on-site at the Brooklyn Park Police Department at 5400 85th Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55443 and will require travel throughout Hennepin County. The work schedule will be Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. with some limited evening hours. About the position type: This is a full-time, benefit-earning position. This position is internally classified a Social Worker, Senior. Click here to view the job classification specification. In this position, you will:
· Build collaborative relationships with law enforcement professionals and police department leadership through case consultation, active engagement in meetings, presenting at rollcalls, and ride alongs.
· Assist law enforcement officers in real time to provide engagement, support, and resources to residents.
· Provide outreach to individuals living in congregate settings, case managers, legal guardians, and residential providers either by phone, email, or in-person.
· Assist with development of interventions in collaboration with the individual, and their support team, to create a personalized plan that is culturally informed, which includes coordination with new and existing supports.
· Provide consultation regarding resources and referrals to address ongoing needs.
· Coordinate with resident’s existing providers in the community to facilitate discussion around creative plans and access to additional social service supports.
· Document referrals received and case notes utilizing state and county systems.
· Participate in community engagement events.
· Serve as back-up social worker for the Alternative Response Team Pilot to respond with community paramedics on behavioral health crisis calls, provide on-scene needs and risk assessments, utilize solution focused interventions with the individual in crisis to create a personalized crisis/safety plan that is culturally informed and person centered.
· Facilitate immediate service coordination with community providers and connect individuals to new and existing supports.
· Provide face-to-face therapeutic interventions, adjusting interventions based on environmental and safety factors.
· Utilize state and county systems to document all assessments and case communications.
· Transport individuals in county vehicle to community providers to further stabilize as needed.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or human services, and at least 27 quarter credits of graduate work in areas such as social work methods, human growth and behavior, and principles of social welfare, and three years or more of full-time supervised experience as a social worker.
o Master's degree or higher in social work or closely related field with course work emphasis in areas such as social work methods, human growth and behavior, and principles or social welfare.
o Licensed as a Graduate Social Worker by the Minnesota Board of Social Work.
· A valid driver's license and daily access to reliable transportation to travel primarily within the metro area to meet with persons in their residential settings and/or perform authorized off-site work duties and the ability to obtain a Hennepin County Driver's Permit to provide transportation as needed to essential services.
Nice to have:
· Licensed or working towards licensure in any of the following:
o Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LSGW), Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (LAMFT), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC).
o Serving individuals living with a mental health condition and/or substance use disorder.
o Serving individuals who are involved in the criminal justice system.
o Effectively interacting with people from diverse backgrounds including efforts towards disparity reduction.
· Knowledge of:
o County and community resources for mental health, substance use disorder, social services, and basic needs.
o Harm reduction principles.
o Trauma-informed care principles.
o Person-centered thinking.
o Social determinants of health.
o And understanding of race-based disparities and the impact of these disparities on the development of a community, social justice, corrective justice, socio-economic statuses, and the affects to overall health and wellness of populations.
· Ability to:
o Function well in unpredictable and challenging situations calling for sensitivity, flexibility, resourcefulness, and independent judgment.
o Work well independently and as a team.
o Demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Bilingual candidates who pass a language assessment may qualify for additional bilingual pay and duties. About the department: Human Services delivers a variety of services to individuals or families that assist with basic needs or encourage client change around specific objectives. We work with individuals as well as systems and communities in order to develop policy and advocate for the people we serve. The people we serve and our communities are connected. By helping one, we help the other. About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (select Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. This position may have access to systems or other documentation that contains HIPAA data. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates may be required to complete a driver's license check, drug test and/or background check. If you have any questions, please contact: Kristin Checco Kristin.Checco@hennepin.us #adultbehavioralhealth
Social Worker, Senior - Brooklyn Park Police Department | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)