Hennepin County's Transportation Operations Traffic Division is seeking a Senior Traffic Sign Worker. This position will lead crews engaged in traffic sign maintenance and installation, traffic sign fabrication, guardrail maintenance, and centerline striping operations, as well as train and evaluate permanent and seasonal employees working in the Traffic Division Sign Shop. The candidate selected for this position must be able to participate in winter snow and ice control operations and be available for on-call duty after hours, weekends and holidays.
Location and hours:This position is located at the Public Works Facility, 1600 Prairie Drive in Medina, MN 55340. There is no public transportation to this facility. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Candidate must be available to work various shifts, which include day, evening, overnight, holiday, and weekends. About this position type: This is a full-time, benefit-earning position. You must be a current regular or probationary employee of Hennepin County Transportation Operations department to apply to this position. Limited duration employees are not eligible.This position is internally classified as Traffic Sign Worker, Senior.Clickhere to view the job classification specification.In this position, you will:
· Serve as crew leader for sign shop specialty functions such as: sign shop manufacturing and fabrication of traffic signs, maintenance and replacement of traffic signs, and center line striping operations and implementing safety improvement projects.
· Maintain inventory and production records; complete reports necessary to record signs and devices on an automated inventory system.
· Select sites and install overhead signs and devices.
· Implement and monitor lane closures and detours.
· Repair and/or refurbish various types of guardrail installation.
· Meet and coordinate with utility companies to locate underground facilities.
· Coordinate with other divisions (Construction) and private companies in the installation of signage on new projects.
· Perform snow and ice control with designated equipment as determined by division needs.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Three years or more of experience in highway maintenance and/or road construction, including two years or more of experience in the area of roadway marking, sign installation, maintenance, and/or sign manufacture.
o An equivalent combination of training and experience.