Director of Merchandising @ United Hardware
Director of Merchandising:
United Hardware Distributing is seeking a full-time Director of Merchandising for our Merchandising Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work directly with Category Merchandise Managers (as needed), to facilitate negotiations with vendor/suppliers for both United warehoused products and drop shipped products that are sold at retail by our member dealers.
· Help Category Merchandise Managers define their strategies and goals in vendor negotiations that best suit our business model, and ultimately help our member dealers be as successful as possible at retail.
· Facilitate buy-in, and execution by all associates within merchandising, of every sanctioned United Hardware corporate goal and objective leveraging the Company’s ERP system to improve overall department and company performance.
· Facilitate ongoing training with all departmental employees with job related tools specifically EPICOR ERP system and Microsoft Excel.
· Facilitate timely and accurate communication of pertinent information from merchandising to other divisions within United Hardware which they may need to better serve our dealers.
· Facilitate timely and accurate communication of pertinent information from merchandising directly to our member dealers which they may need to be more successful in managing their business.
· Closely work with other department/division manager at United Hardware to promote and encourage a good working relationship between merchandising and all other departments within United.
· Coordinate the attendance of appropriate category merchandise managers who should attend the National trade shows, and venues germane to their respective categories.
· Periodically attend the above mentioned venues that fiscally and logically make sense.
· Meet with the merchandising department on a regular basis to cover pertinent and timely merchandising topics. This also creates a forum to invite other department managers and staff to provide updates to the merchandisers, and get valuable feedback from us as well.
· Establish and monitor merchandising departmental goals which merchandisers must strive to achieve for annual review and potential bonus purposes.
· Give timely and meaningful annual reviews to direct reports and, if applicable, review annual reviews of all associates that are given by direct reports.
· Attend and participate in corporate staff meetings and any other scheduled or non-scheduled meetings that the President/CEO requires.
· Participate in, and help co-facilitate the selection process of circular promotions with the Director of Creative Support Services and VP of Retail Growth Initiatives.
· Participate in, and help facilitate the selection process of Big Hits, Market Specials, Hot Buys, etc., for our Dealer Markets.
· Help co-facilitate various aspects of United Hardware’s Dealer Markets, and Expo. This includes the personal attendance, and any on-site work needed to be performed at these venues as well.
· Work closely with the Director of Customer Service and Replenishment as well as the department manager of inventory forecasting and replenishment to insure dealer service level goals are maintained.
· Professionally and ethically represent United Hardware and its member dealers at all times.
· Motivate and contribute to the professional development of subordinates.
· Oversee the hiring and development of new team members.
· Develop and manage budgets, and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar field, or equivalent education or experience.
· Seven years progressively complex experience in buying roles and assignments in the wholesale or retail hardware industry, including a minimum three years supervising and managing staff.
· Knowledge of Company products, services and systems.
· Strong analytical, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Qualified candidates interested in working in a team environment should email their resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Job # 7877-36. No phone calls please. EOE.
United Hardware Distributing Co. is a distributor of hardware merchandise to retailers across the entire Midwest
Human Resources - Administrative Assistant
United Hardware Distributing Company
Phone: 763-557-2777 / Fax: 763-550-2570