Merchandise Manager @ United Hardware
Merchandise Manager: United Hardware Distributing is seeking a full-time Merchandise Manager for our Merchandising Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with internal buyers to: - Develop merchandise offerings - Monitor circular selection, product line reviews, and product selection - Establish gross margins that are profitable for United Hardware and its dealers - Assist the Inventory Management department on a regular basis to insure the proper flow of
goods through the distribution channel by identifying and assisting in resolving any issues that may arise - Insure competitive Market programs through merchandise selection, vendor representation - Select product for circulars. Negotiate pricing and set points for circular merchandise. Obtain
vendor co-op funds - Establish departmental goals that are consistent with the direction set by management that
will improve the performance of the department in service and sales to the dealer - Meet with Director of Merchandising regularly to review and provide input on department
projects and goals - Work with Dealer Advisory Committees to establish and maintain retail priorities within the
department - Work with vendors, sales department and/or dealers to reduce excess inventory and eliminate
close out inventory from warehouse
· Develop and train employees on our computer system, on-line capabilities, daily report reading,
daily maintenance, buying philosophy, etc.
· Supervise employees who report to this position; review their performance on a regular basis
· Make sales and dealer presentations
· Meet with vendors at national shows regarding new products and competitive lines, and to
· Respond to dealer and management questions and concerns
· Resolve complex or difficult issues concerning price, terms, or delivery dates
· Give timely and meaningful annual reviews to direct reports and, if applicable, review annual
reviews of all associates that are given by direct reports
· Motivate and contribute to the professional development of subordinates
· Oversee the hiring and development of new team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar field, or equivalent education or
· Five years progressively complex experience in buying roles and assignments in the wholesale or
retail hardware industry, including a minimum two years supervising and managing staff.
· Knowledge of Company products, services and systems.
· Strong written, verbal, analytical, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work, and to meet deadlines.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Qualified candidates interested in working in a team environment should email their resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Job # 7881-36.
For questions, contact:
Human Resources - Administrative Assistant
United Hardware Distributing Company
Phone: 763-557-2777 / Fax: 763-550-2570