Director of Accounting thru Boulay
Director of Accounting – Manufacturing
North Branch/Pine City area
Boulay is currently conducting a search for one of our key clients, a multi-location manufacturing Organization in the North Branch/Pine City, Minnesota area.
The individual selected for the Director of Accounting role functions both tactically and strategically to maximize return on assets by establishing and maintaining financial policies, procedures, controls, and metrics.
The Director of Accounting is responsible for overseeing the general accounting and financial reporting functions of the Organization as well as management of the accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost accounting and credit functions. This individual ensures that Organizational leaders receive accurate and timely financial reporting, and comprehensive analytic data for decision making. This position reports directly to the CEO with a dotted line to the President and is a key member of the Organization’s executive leadership team.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Financial Reporting and Analysis
• Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the President and leadership team, and make actionable recommendations on operational and strategic business plans, projects, programs, and systems.
• Continually assesses and evaluates opportunities for providing additional data to assist operations, sales and leadership team in decision-making processes.
• Develops annual business plan and related processes. Interfaces with leaders to prepare, analyze, integrate, consolidate and track Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
• Develops and manages the preparation, maintenance and timely delivery of regular financial planning reports including monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Assesses Organizational financial performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy.
• Identifies trends and provides the financial perspective for key business decisions, and managing profitability and cash flow.
• Responds to inquiries regarding financial results, analysis, special reporting requests, etc.
• Monitors and implements the financial forecast for the Organization, analyzes financials, and recommends changes in an effort to improve the long-term financial health of the Organization.
• Manages cost accounting processes to help achieve desired gross margins.
• Reviews and analyzes capital expenditure requests for completeness, measurability and validity of costing and value realization. Analyzes capital spending variances to budget and provide explanation for variances.
• Assumes managerial responsibility for operations and integrity of all accounting systems including general ledger, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial analysis and credit.
• Establishes and implements short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
• Manages, monitors and analyzes departmental procedures and resources assuring efficiency and accuracy is achieved.
• Assumes responsibility for all transactions that are handled within the accounting department with an expectation of complete accuracy.
• Establishes and ensures systems are developed and utilized to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems, functions, controls and procedures.
• Advises direct reports regarding the management of non-routine transactions.
• Provides technical accounting guidance on complicated transactions.
Internal Controls and Annual Audits
• Maintain Organization’s financial stability and integrity through sound decision-making.
• Ensures systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
• Maintains a sound control environment that provides for the safeguarding of assets and reliability of financial records.
• Works closely with the outside CPA firm ensuring clean and timely year-end annual audit.
• Ensures all audit requests are submitted prior to onsite field work.
• Manages Annual Review and updates workflow documents.
Banking and Treasury
• Manages cash management processes by maximizing returns and limiting risk.
• Manages bank relationships and reporting requirements.
• Forecasts and monitors operation cash requirements.
• Provides weekly review of Organization’s cash position, ACH and check runs.
• Provides monthly credit card review.
• Leads annual review of treasury services.
Acquisitions and Insurance
• Conducts due-diligence for business expansion opportunities and makes risk vs. rewards recommendations.
• Interfaces with applicable individuals to verify transaction report data and issues.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting.
▪ At least ten years accounting supervisory experience which included: financial reporting, general ledger, cost accounting, budget management, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
▪ Driven to be involved in the manufacturing side of the business.
▪ Strong leadership skills, evidenced by successfully building and motivating teams, and by effectively working as a partner with a leadership team.
▪ Knowledge of and ability to use various computer programs utilized in fiscal management including ERP, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Infor, M3, Sage and IQMS preferred).
▪ Energy and drive to deliver objectives on time, on budget, and on target.
▪ A disposition and approach to relationships and work which is open, honest, trustworthy and fair.
▪ Able to manage Organization and financial information with discretion and in a confidential and professional manner.
▪ Ability to travel other company facilities as needed.
▪ Master’s Degree in Accounting
▪ CPA or CMA
▪ Experience in manufacturing environment
If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with this Director of Accounting position providing strategic and tactical variety, challenges, and opportunity for leadership growth, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
7500 Flying Cloud Drive, Suite 800
Minneapolis, MN 55344
For questions, contact: