Credit Associate @ United Hardware Distributing
United Hardware Distributing in Plymouth, MN is seeking a full-time Credit Associate for our Credit Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Cash Applications: -Prepare the lockbox report which will include verifying the correct dealer account if there is no entry by Wells Fargo and determining what they are paying. Apply payments per dealer instructions. -Prepare batches for checks received in-house and apply cash per dealer instructions. Scan the checks to Wells Fargo to complete the daily deposit process. -Prepare online payment report from Quick Pay site and apply payments per dealer instructions. -Prepare daily and weekly deposit report for management.
· Order Holds: -Review and analyze dealer accounts to determine if a vendor request for a drop ship order should be approved or denied. Record approval number in Epicor and communicate decision to vendor. -Review and release drop ship orders listed on Epicor dashboard; notify Accounts Payable of any that are to be rejected. If we accept the order without approval, vendor is to be contacted to review our policy on approvals. -Review and respond to Epicor credit hold alerts. Contact dealer for payment arrangements or if the order will not be released.
· Collections: -Manage and monitor accounts to collect past due balances and provide general account maintenance (offsets, refunds, adjustments, etc.). -Investigate, reconcile and follow up on account discrepancies in a timely manner. -Increase or decrease credit limits through the evaluation of the payment history and other credit and business factors. -Make recommendations for write offs, adjustments and collection referrals.
· UCC Preparation and Management: -Prepare and manage all of the UCC files, as applicable. Manage the UCC process which will include original filings, extensions and terminations.
· Manage Milbank and Plymouth employee accounts, as applicable. For Milbank, this will include the verification of deposits, preparation of cash application report and notification of past due invoices. For Plymouth, it will include distribution of weekly invoices and notification of past due invoices.
· Manage account status on an ongoing basis for the vendor drop ship site.
· Prepare pre-approved and credit hold lists for the markets and expo.
· Provide credit references as requested.
· Provide assistance to the dealers in setting up the online payment option.
· Assist Manager with the credit reference requests and credit reports for new members.
· Provide support during the bi-annual markets and yearly audit.
· Order supplies for the department.
· Continue to evaluate current practices within the department and make recommendations for improvement.
· Reconcile and code charges to the company credit card. Secure backup for charge if none is provided and approve bill for payment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· High School
· Accounts receivable and customer service experience
· Personal computer, calculator, telephone, fax, copy and microfiche machine.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
Qualified candidates interested in working in a team environment should email their resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com Attn: Job # 7887-36.
No phone calls please. EOE.
Human Resources - Administrative Assistant
United Hardware Distributing Company