General Mills- Production Technician- Chanhassen, MN
Food. Purpose. You.
As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth.
General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso and more.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big.
Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee's responsibility to fully support this vision. Skilled Operators are hired as members of a manufacturing team. They are responsible for the handling of ingredients, materials and finished product within the manufacturing facility.
The General Mills-Chanhassen plant operates 24 hours per day 7 days per week. This posting is for 2nd or 3rd shift. Changes in volume and production requirements can result in changes in work schedule and additional overtime. Skilled Operators must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends.
The starting wage for a Production Technician position is $16.30. The wage will increase to $20.38 after successful completion of a 90 day orientation period. General Mills also offers shift differential payment for those working off-shift. Additionally we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits.
* Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
* Follow standard operating procedures to operate various pieces of high speed and/or high tech processing and packaging equipment
* Troubleshoot problems with machinery and partner with maintenance staff to resolve issues
* Calibrate processing and packaging systems daily to meet required specifications
* Participate in start-up, change over and shut down of operating equipment
* Perform change overs and End of Run cleans including disassembly and reassembly of necessary equipment
* Be responsible for executing all required HACCP/quality processes and documentation
* Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
* Diagnose and troubleshoot problems in equipment operation
* Assist in training new employees
* Attend meetings and trainings as required
Perform additional related tasks as assigned
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
* High School Diploma or GED
* Must have or be willing to obtain a forklift license
* Proficiency in basic computer skills
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs
* Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
* Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends
* Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
* Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
* 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
* Demonstrated leadership ability
Please visit our website at: careers.generalmills.com
In the search bar, type Production Technician.
In the location bar, enter Chanhassen.
Amy Schmit | General Mills, Inc.
Senior Recruiter | Chanhassen Plant | firstname.lastname@example.org