Cost Accountant @ Lube-Tech
The Cost Accountant for our Golden Valley, MN location will manage, establish and implement, processes and procedures for an effective and efficient cost accounting system.
The processes will provide accurate and timely data to evaluate product cost and control inventory. The Cost Accountant will also support the company financial close processes ensuring the financial statements are presented according to generally accepted accounting principles and that the work is done timely and accurately.
This includes preparing supporting documentation for assigned general ledger accounts, making manual journal entries as needed and implementing corrective actions to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the statements. It will include completing complex excel spreadsheets and related financial statement analysis, merger & acquisition analysis, assigned projects and other financial tasks assigned by finance/business leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work in conjunction with supply chain and warehouse management in the development, implementation and maintenance of systems to maintain accurate inventory values including cycle counting and physical counts for all locations.
· Ensure accuracy of inventory variance reporting and analyze deviations. Manage and, where needed, implement reporting processes for communicating these to management.
· Facilitate inventory counts and observations, including with external auditors.
· Manage procedures for obsolete inventory review and evaluation of inventory reserve levels and ensure applicable management is aware of methodology and status.
· Maintain Average Cost System. Recommend and implement system improvements to strengthen cost reporting. Collect required information to accurately maintain the average cost system within the Company’s ERP system timely.
· Prepare supporting statements, reconciliations and analyses for general ledger accounts as assigned.
· Assist in managing the financial close, ensuring an accurate and timely completion of the process in alignment with GAAP.
· Proactively interact with business units to gather information, resolve expense, inventory and balance sheet problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
· Assist with annual audit and quarterly bank audit processes, as needed.
· Respond to internal and external customers in a timely and effective manner.
· Support the accounting department on financial projects assigned by finance & business leadership.
A 4-year bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related field.
CPA certification preferred (but not required)
4+ years of professional work experience, preferably in a public accounting firm or in a manufacturing or distribution environment with experience in cost accounting and financial analysis and interpretation.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Excellent Problem-Solving Ability
Excellent understanding of GAAP and Accounting Procedures
Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
The ability to use a personal computer and to be proficient in the Microsoft suite of tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). JD Edwards accounting software and advance Excel and database management experience preferred.
Knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of standard office equipment such as a 10-key calculator, telephone, etc.
Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan
Health Savings Account
Traditional Medical Plan
401(K) Plan with Company match
Profit Sharing Plan
Short and Long Term Disability
Paid Time Off
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds while moving files or small packages. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is continuously required to perform comprehensive reasoning, decision making and math skills.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
To view or apply online: