Business Systems Analyst @ Corval Group
Business Systems Analyst
Corval Group - headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota - is a fully integrated construction, fabrication and business solutions company with 95 years of experience. Building confidence in our client relationships through the talent of our employees has led Corval to be a leader in the construction industry. We are proud of our industry leading record in safety and the investment we make in our employees to stay safe and to continue to advance. As a family-owned company, working at Corval Group is challenging, exciting and rewarding.
Business Systems Analyst
The Business Systems Analyst role provides and supports the design, implementation, documentation and operation of the critical Corval Group business applications. This role will work closely with the Director of IT, the Departmental Leadership, and the Company Leadership to ensure that the critical business applications are effective, documented, and maintained to ensure the highest levels of productivity, availability and reliability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Act as the primary Business Technology contact for the functionality and usability of critical business applications, including Viewpoint Vista ERP, FieldTime, Field Connect, and PowerBI Reporting tools.
· Provide reporting advice and expertise for tools accessing Microsoft SQL databases, including MS Excel, MS PowerBI and Crystal Reports.
· Act as a resource for training and documentation for critical business applications.
· Work with Team Leadership to develop critical reports and enable self-service reporting whenever possible.
· Partner with critical vendors to ensure optimal configuration and usability of critical applications.
· Evaluate and recommend application functional patches and system upgrades, and partner with Business Technology team members and Vendors as they deploy them.
· Monitor application use to ensure optimal performance.
· Partner with the Help Desk to create and maintain application users and permissions.
· Test the release of product updates to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility.
· Create end-user and technical support documentation for systems and applications.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
· Fundamental knowledge of ERP systems and their uses within an organization
· Proven business systems analysis, process operations analysis, and application performance analysis skills
· Advanced MS Excel skills including Pivot Tables and Macros
· Experience with MS SQL reporting tools and reporting best practices
· Ability to provide hands-on training and end-user support
· Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
· Familiarity with MS PowerBI tools
· Familiarity with Crystal Reports
· Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving ability
· Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
· 2+ years experience in a Business Systems Analyst role
· 2+ years experience with MS SQL
· 2+ years experience with MS Excel and/or MS PowerBI
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 preferred
· Experience with Vista by Viewpoint a plus
St. Paul, Minnesota
Questions? / Contact:
Mike Scully | firstname.lastname@example.org
Corval Group – Information Technology Director
1633 Eustis Street, Saint Paul, MN 55108
D 651-605-2466 | C 612-210-1800