Tax Accountant @ Safran Test Cells
TAX ACCOUNTANT opportunity in New Brighton, MN
Working under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Tax Accountant prepares tax schedules by reviewing, preparing and consolidating project related financials for projects in the US and internationally at Safran Test Cells. The Tax Accountant will contribute to team efforts by serving as the liaison for international audits performed by international auditor firms and analyzing warranty provisions monthly to track actually warranty costs for trend analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare financial information for tax filings both in the US and internationally.
· Liaison with external and internal Safran accountants to complete tax compliance documentation.
· Prepare financial information and serve as the liaison for international audits performed by international auditor firms.
· Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
· Responsible for the preparation of entries, income statements, balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports on a monthly basis.
· Analyze warranty provision monthly and track actual warranty costs for trend analysis.
· Assess provision to make adjustments to warranty reserve as needed.
· Balance, maintain and prepare general ledger accounts and journal entries.
· Provide backup for Financial Analyst performing duties to include processing vendor/customer invoices, preparing payments, journal entries, and budgeting.
· Responsible for managing and maintaining insurance requirements for projects and all bank guarantees.
· Provide financial support to project management to assist with the forecasting of projects.
· Assist with the preparation for external audits.
· Other duties as assigned.
The above position description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential job functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of the position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of job functions or requirements. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested. Position responsibilities are subject to change over time in order to accommodate changing organizational needs.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
· Minimum of 3 years accounting, tax or related experience required.
· Proficient in MS Office programs to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Basic knowledge of accounting and financial principles.
· Ability to work independently and follow through on tasks with minimal direction.
· Strong communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be approachable delivering a positive customer service experience.
· Self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task, prioritize and excel in a fast-paced environment.
· Seeks ideas from others and willingly adapts to new information or circumstances.
· Demonstrate team behavior and willing to promote a positive team-oriented environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The majority of the time is spent in a typical office environment requiring the ability to use a computer and telephone which requires sitting and typing for extended lengths of time. Occasionally, the individual in this position will need to stand, reach, bend, lift up to 50 pounds, stoop, and kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal vision. The office environment will have normal lighting and climate control tolerances. Additionally, the office setting will have moderate noise exposure, i.e. business office with computers, printers, light traffic. Work is performed in the business office at a minimum of 40 hours a week.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The working conditions and requirements indicated here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
To apply, please send your resume to Lesley.Hackett@Cenco.US
Lesley HACKETT Sr. Recruiting Consultant Safran Test Cells
Personal Cell 612-432-0337
639 Campus Drive
New Brighton, MN 55112 USA www.safran-test-cells.com