Social Services Director @ PROP
POSITION TITLE: Social Services Director DEPARTMENT: Administration
REPORTS TO: Executive Director EFFECTIVE DATE: January 2021
Salary Range: $65,000-$85,000
PROP is seeking a Social Services Director to join an innovative and passionate social service team. We take pride working within our values of compassion, integrity, and respect. We support an inclusive and collaborative culture of professionalism with flexibility and a space for fun. Given our team’s size, we are able to be flexible and agile in changing our programs and services to meet the needs of our client base and community.
PROP Food Shelf is a nonprofit that has been caring for our neighbors in need for 50 years. Today, we help 1,000 Eden Prairie and Chanhassen families in financial distress meet their basic needs while providing additional services to help them on a path toward self-sufficiency. Through a food shelf, housing & emergency financial assistance, employment counseling, and other services PROP strengthens the community.
The primary function of the Social Services Director is to develop, implement, direct and manage programs and collaborative partnerships that support PROP’s mission, vision, and goals; and partner with clients to promote a level of stability and a path toward self-sufficiency and self-advocacy.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Social Services Director is responsible for developing programs and designing, implementing and evaluating the outcomes/impact of policies and processes that are aligned with PROP’s overall philosophy of client services. Supervise case management, employment counseling staff and volunteers in all aspects of client services including intake and screening processes, case management services, interventions, follow-up, and evaluation of services. Build a strong team through open communication and by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities. Provide leadership among the management staff in the implementation of organizational change strategies. Work with development and marketing to communicate services and outcomes to supporters.
· Bachelor’s Degree in social work or other human services related field. Licensed Social Worker/MSW preferred.
· Experience with direct human service agency practice. Expertise in emergency housing and financial programs preferred.
· Effective experience supervising staff and volunteers, which includes training to develop culturally sensitive and equitable, supports for clients.
· Two or more years managing programs in the non-profit sector.
· Strong leadership, planning and organizing skills with the ability to work collaboratively.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communication capabilities.
· Experience with data collection, monitoring, and analyzing outcome measurements used to evaluate and improve programs and services.
· Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office.
· Management of financial processes that support funding for programs and services.
· Ability to successfully work in an environment with complex, multiple objectives.
· Seeks out the most up-to-date research on poverty, resilience, and service delivery and can translate this to staff, board, and community members.
· Demonstrates PROP’s core values
· Bilingual Spanish preferred.
Generous paid time off and holidays
Health and Dental Insurance
Simple IRA Plan
Life and short & long-term disability insurance
Employee Assistance Plan
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualifications, experience, and references to email@example.com. Applications will be screened as they are received, and the position will be filled when the best candidate is identified. Applicants should specifically address required experience in detail for consideration. No phone calls, please.
Working Remotely: During the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be working part time at PROP and part time remotely. PROP follows strict protocol to ensure a safe work environment.
Physical Requirements: This position works in an administrative office environment that is ADA compliant. Office hours are generally 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. with scheduling adjustments to accommodate program fulfillment. One Wednesday evening shift a week is required (4:00-6:30) . Qualified candidates must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time; the person in this position must be able to operate a computer keyboard and other office machinery, such as a copy machine, printer, and telephone. The person in this position frequently communicates with staff and external partners and must be able to exchange accurate information verbally, in writing, and by telephone. The person in this position must have the ability to lift and carry 30 pounds safely, as well as the ability to walk, squat, and kneel. Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of PROP to provide an equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. It is the policy of PROP to comply with all applicable laws that provide equal opportunity to all employees or applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, status with respect to public assistance, disability, age, military status, genetic information, familial status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law.
Amy Konkoly | Employment Counselor
PROP Main Line: 952-937-9120 I propfood.org