Elliott Aviation, a leader in aircraft solutions, has an exciting opportunity for a Line Technician at their location in Eden Prairie, MN. Since 1936, Elliott Aviation has been a world-class provider of comprehensive and customer-focused solutions for business aviation. Our vision, building partnerships that last, applies to our employees as well as our customers.
General Summary: With moderate supervision, assists with installation, troubleshooting and repairing, and other general tasks related to the maintenance, installations and repair of Avionics systems and components on a variety of aircraft product models in a safe and clean work environment according to manufacturer's specifications, company-approved procedures, and customer specifications. Prepares and completes appropriate work order documentation. Supports and records all OJT, mentoring, and training for record and personal development. This is a 2nd shift position, however the first weeks will be spent on 1st shift while training.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists in, and learns, high quality installation, troubleshooting and repair of aircraft avionic systems and components on a variety of aircraft production models using proper hand tools, specialized equipment, and support equipment, in a timely, clean, safe, and professional manner with no rework. Records all work performed as OJT for record and development.
2. Orders general components & parts, supports turn-in and record of removed parts, supports delivery and record of received parts as needed and directed.
3. Assists with basic troubleshooting and repair of aircraft avionics systems and components in relation to system installation..
4. Prepares various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Company policies, FAA Approved Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals, All FAA regulations (FARs), OEM Aircraft Manufacturer Manuals, etc. to include turnovers, and personal training logs.
5. Locates and uses appropriate technical data per system installation manual requirements and follows verbal instructions to complete assigned installation tasks. Builds and develops personal quality avionics installations and support techniques based on OJT experience
to improve in proficiency and quality.
6. Supports, maintains, and complies with all Environmental, Health and Safety for federal, OSHA, state, and local regulations.
7. Performs other related duties, as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements:
FCC license preferred.
Routinely lifts up to 10 lbs., occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs
Stands for long periods of time, with frequent bending, squatting, kneeling and stooping. Uses hands to reach and feel, with repetitive motion. Good finger dexterity.
Reads and Writes, Speaks, Hears, and Understands American English Fluently.
Has Visual acuity correctable to 20/20.
Works in confined spaces, extreme temperatures, heights above six feet, noisy environments and flying
Works with and around products and materials associated with aircraft maintenance
Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties assigned
Must be able to work various shifts, as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
· High school graduate or equivalency degree required.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Elliott Aviation is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard trace, color, religion, ***, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.