The Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation's (DOCCR) Adult Corrections Facility (ACF) is looking to hire an Adult Education Instructor. This position will deliver educational services to ACF residents who do not have their General Education Development (GED) or high school diploma. The ACF is a confinement center for adult offenders committed by the courts to serve a maximum sentence of one year.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours: This position is located at the Adult Corrections Facility at 1145 Shenandoah Lane North, Plymouth, MN 55447. The ACF is a medium level security facility, it is located 13 miles from downtown Minneapolis, and there is no public transportation to this facility. The primary schedule will be 64 hours in a two-week pay period with hours being 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., with some with some evening and weekend hours required.About this position: This is a regular part-time, benefit earning position.
This position is internally classified as an Adult Education Instructor.
Click here to view the job classification specification.In this position, you will:
· Prepare, develop, and provide Adult Basic Education (ABD) coursework in a one-room schoolhouse environment to adult correctional residents based on individual student needs.
· Provide small group and 1:1 instruction; individualized reading, writing, math, science, and social studies instruction aligned with GED and College and Career Readiness (CRR) Standards.
· Analyze residents' education needs, assist in developing educational goals, and provide individual educational plans by means of a variety of assessment techniques, evaluations and interpretations.
· Assist inmates in planning for continuing education for after release.
· Administer pre and post testing according to schedule.
· Maintain a safe and secure learning environment.
· Understand and respect cultural differences in a classroom setting including providing culturally appropriate services.