This is a great opportunity to work independently under limited supervision! The purpose of this position is to provide overall project management direction from inception to completion of projects; to be the primary project contact for other public agencies and the general public regarding project activities; to provide overall direction and leadership to technical project teams in the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques in the management of project activities for minor to moderate scale projects to meet the project requirements; to ensure consistency with MnDOT strategy, commitments and goals; and to ensure proper program execution and compliance with MnDOT, state and federal procedures, practices, regulations, and standards. This position is being announced at two different levels at the same time: Engineer Senior and Engineer 2 Graduate. The final class and starting salary of this position is dependent on the successful applicant’s qualifications. Two positions will be filled.
· Licensure as a professional Civil Engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience, and Interior Design (AELSLAGID).
· Valid Class D Driver’s License.
Engineer 2 Graduate:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university or its equivalency as rated by NCEES/EAC.
· A passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
· Two years post-graduation civil engineering work.
· Valid Class D Driver’s License
· Received a passing score on the Minnesota Principals & Practices of Civil Engineering (PE) Exam.
· A master’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university substitutes for one year of post-graduate civil engineering work.