We are looking for a Creative Editor to join Fingerhut, a market-leading FinTech whose mission is to help its customers establish, build, or rebuild their credit! This role will be based out of our Eden Prairie office which operates in a hybrid work setting.
Fingerhut has set becoming an ‘Employer of Choice’ as one of its four ‘Transformation’ goals to kick-off in 2022. After two years of pandemic, the ‘great resignation’, highly competitive Minneapolis and national labor market given the ability to work remotely leadership recognizes that the employee experience has to be greatly enhanced from acquisition through development to lead to retention.
In this role, you will be at the heart of a team that’s focused on ensuring a positive experience for our customers through our website, catalogs, and social media. You’ll work with partners in Compliance, Marketing, and Merchandising on a wide variety of projects in a fast-paced, exciting work environment. If you have a keen eye for detail and a flair for language, this is the role for you. *This role is open to remote work in designated states within the US.*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Review and edit catalog pages and covers, email, interactive and digital assets, and other projects
Evaluate content for accuracy, clarity, and consistency
Ensure correct format, templates, and brand standards
• Partner with Compliance; use marketing and advertising guidelines and disclaimer/disclosure banks to ensure content is legally compliant
• Ensure processes are efficient and responsive to changing needs of the business
• Ensure final deliverables are free of errors
• 4-year degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related area of study, preferred
• 0 to 2 years of professional editing experience in a corporate or agency setting
• Understanding of print and interactive marketing communications; advertising/marketing experience a plus
• Attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
• Time-management, organizational and critical-thinking skills
• Ability to thrive in an environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines
• Experience with Adobe InDesign a plus
BLST Operating Company (Bluestem Brands) is a group of FinTech and eCommerce Retail businesses led by our Northstar and Orchard Portfolios. This position falls under the Northstar Portfolio, which is led by Fingerhut – a long-standing fintech company. Fingerhut fuses our extensive years of data modeling and real-time analytics through machine learning to provide flexible payment options for our valued customers looking to establish, build, or rebuild credit. Qualifying customers use their accounts for e-Commerce purchases at fingerhut.com for everything they and their family need across a broad selection of national brands.
At Fingerhut, you’ll find responsive and supportive leaders who empower our employees, knowing they drive our success. We are continually innovating and improving, challenging ourselves to take risks, learn from mistakes, and celebrate success as a team. We also grow careers, giving employees on-the-job stretch assignments, lateral moves to expand knowledge bases, and promotional opportunities that help to accelerate development.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org