The Facilities Management division of the Facility Services department is seeking multiple Facilities Maintenance-Operations Engineers (FMOEs) to carry out a variety of facilities related duties to ensure the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the county’s portfolio of diverse buildings. This includes boilers, chillers, cooling towers, Variable Air Volume (VAV) boxes, pumps, air handlers, exhaust fans, and building automation systems along with related inspections and preventative maintenance.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program.
Location and hours:
These positions are located at multiple building portfolios including Libraries, Public Safety buildings, and Health and Human Services locations. Exact work schedules will vary depending on the requirements of each location but are generally 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Buildings:
· City Libraries:
o East Lake Library (2727 East Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN 55406)
o Hosmer Library (347 East 36th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55408)
o Nokomis Library (5100 34th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55417)
o North Regional Library (1315 Lowry Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55411)
o Northeast Library (2200 Central Avenue Northeast, Minneapolis, MN 55418)
o Roosevelt Library (4026 28th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55406)
o St. Anthony Library (2941 Pentagon Drive Northeast, St. Anthony, MN 55375)
o Walker Library (2880 Hennepin Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55408)
o Webber Park Library (4440 Humboldt Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55343)
· 1800 Chicago Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55404
· NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center at 2220 Plymouth Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55411
· Juvenile Justice Center (JJC) at 590 Park Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55415
About these positions type: These are full-time, benefit earning positions. These positions are internally classified as Facilities Maintenance Operations Engineer. Click here to view the job classification specification.In these positions, you will:
· Operate, repair, maintain and diagnose building systems and equipment such as boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, exhaust fans, pumps, heat exchangers, water heaters, HVAC control systems, Building Automation Systems (BAS), Variable Air Volume (VAV) systems including, package and split A/C units, DX units, compressors, VFD’s, circulating pumps, and fan units.
· Perform and develop preventative maintenance programs, procedures, and repair of grounds equipment.
· Respond to requests, and coordinate repairs to building systems and equipment.
· Read construction documents and specifications, shop drawings, sequence of operations, and operation and maintenance manuals.
· Respond to building emergencies and after hours calls for repair.
· Maintain and prepare reports and logs (e.g., preventative maintenance reports, work order reports, boiler operations logs).
· Interact positively with the public and user groups daily.
· Assist in maintaining the grounds as needed including snow removal to maintain safe conditions.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Three years or more of skilled mechanical and facilities maintenance experience that has included: heating ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical and boiler, operation, maintenance, and repair work.
o Completion of the Building Operations Technician Pathway training program and one year or more of skilled mechanical and facilities maintenance experience listed above.
· Note: Completion of vocational-technical program course work in air conditioning/refrigeration/heating, electrical maintenance and boiler control, operation and maintenance may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
· A First-Class C boiler engineer's license and/or refrigerant certification, or the ability to obtain if requested.
o Be on call and/or respond to after hour calls, including weekends, and holidays.
o Lift and carry up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
o Climb and stand on ladders for prolonged periods of time to perform maintenance on building systems or equipment, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Nice to have:
o Operating steam boiler, HVAC equipment, and/or snow removal equipment.
o Troubleshooting and repairing a wide range of equipment and building systems.
o With plumbing to complete light plumbing maintenance.
o With operating Building Automation Systems (BAS), fire protection systems, Variable Air Volume (VAV), and Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems.
o Working in a medical clinic as a FMOE.
About the department:
The Hennepin County Facility Services department provides a full range of facility services to support county programs and services. The department:
• Identifies capital needs
• Develops and manages new construction and renovation projects
• Operates and maintains buildings
• Facilitates a safe environment for residents and employees
• Manages all real estate functions
• Aligns work to county disparity reduction and climate action goalsAbout Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (login as Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates may be required to complete a driver's license check and background check.