Facility Services is seeking a Facilities Maintenance-Operations Engineer (FMOE) to operate and maintain building equipment. This will include operation and maintenance of district utilities, pumps, air handlers, exhaust fans, generators, underground storage tanks, building automation systems, and computerized maintenance management systems.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program. Location and hours:This position is located at the Hennepin County Government Center, at 300 S 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487. The work schedule is primarily Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. but may vary depending on availability. Based on current requirements hires must live in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin. About the position type:This position is a full-time, benefit earning position.
· Operate, repair, maintain and diagnose building systems and equipment such as; district utilities, heat pumps, heat exchangers, water heaters, HVAC control systems, Building Automation Systems (BAS), Variable Air Volume (VAV) systems including chillers, package and split A/C units, compressors, pneumatics, direct digital controls, emergency generators, circulating pumps, and fan units.
· Perform and develop preventative maintenance programs, procedures and repair of grounds equipment.
· Respond to requests, and coordinate repairs to building systems and equipment.
· Read construction documents and specifications, shop drawings, operation and maintenance manuals.
· Respond to building emergencies and after hour calls for repair.
· Maintain and prepare reports and logs (e.g. preventative maintenance reports, work order reports, boiler operations logs, and fuel).
· Interact positively with the public and user groups daily.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Three years or more of skilled mechanical and facilities maintenance experience that has included: heating ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical and boiler, operation, maintenance, and repair work.
o Completion of the Building Operations Technician Pathway training program and one year or more of skilled mechanical and facilities maintenance experience listed above.
· Note: Completion of vocational-technical program course work in air conditioning/refrigeration/heating, electrical maintenance and boiler control, operation and maintenance may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
o Be on call and/or respond to after hour calls, including weekends, and holidays.
o Lift and carry up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
o Climb and stand on ladders for prolonged periods of time to perform maintenance on building systems or equipment, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Nice to have:
· Pool Operator Certificate.
o Troubleshooting and repairing a wide range of equipment and building systems.
o Working with data center mechanical systems.
o Performing pool/fountain maintenance.
o With welding.
· Two or more years of experience working with district utilities.
· Skill in operating BAS, fire protection systems, VAV, and Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems.
· Basic understanding of water treatment for HVAC systems.
About the department:Facilities Management comprehensively manages, operates, and maintains Hennepin County Properties in support of the county's overall mission. Three main teams make up this group: Planning & Project Management, Security, and Workplace Safety. About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at bridge.hennepin.us/eligibility (select Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.Final candidates may be required to complete a driver's license check, drug test and/or background check.