Hennepin County Facility Services department is seeking a Facilities Project Manager for its Interior Design section. This position will report directly to the Interior Design section manager within the Design and Construction division. The successful candidate will have strong skills and experience in managing interior design standalone projects and be a subject matter expert in interior design within teams working on larger capital projects. The successful candidate should know how to select and specify building finishes, systems furniture, and other workplace furniture.Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program. Location and hours: This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at the Hennepin County Government Center at 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55415 or at other county facilities and remote as job duties require. Work hours will be Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin.New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022, to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.About the position type: This is a full-time, benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as a Facilities Project Manager - Interior Design. Click here to view the job classification specification.In this position, you will:
· Manage and coordinate the interior design portions of projects for facilities; provide technical services and administer consultant contracts related to interior development.
· Prepare interiors project budgets and cost estimates for capital and operating budgets and manage them through project completion.
· Direct the work of the interior design consultant on varied project types simultaneously from the initial proposal through contract close-out and occasionally beyond.
· Coordinate development and review of interior design and associated documents to assure satisfaction of the program and quality requirements; review preparation of plans and specifications providing markups to consultants.
· Review consultant recommendations for interior finishes, fixtures, and furnitures; evaluate Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E) specifications and bids to make recommendations for contract award.
· Prepare summaries of project stages and status.
· Establish standards of quality for interior materials, finishes, furnishing and related.
· Attend scheduled project progress meetings, periodically visit the project site, and observe the work activities; monitor changes affecting quality, cost, and schedule.
· Coordinate selection, specification and purchase of furnishings and related equipment, delivery, and installation.
· Incorporate sustainable guidelines and defined standards throughout project development and execution.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Nine years or more of related experience.
o Bachelor's degree or higher in interior design or other closely related field and five years or more of related experience.
Nice to have:
· State of Minnesota Professional Interior Design Certification.
o With space planning and specifying systems furniture.
o Managing multiple projects ranging from minor remodeling to major new construction projects concurrently.
o With formal written communications.
o With contracting tasks.
· Knowledge of principles and practices architecture and the ability to provide and/or oversee professional interior design and technical services.
· Ability to:
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with participants at all levels in the implementation and coordination or projects and programs.
o Communicate effectively and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles with management and other high-level officials.
o Make decisions in a timely manner, with varying levels of information under tight deadlines; shifting priorities with changing work demands.
o Manage change effectively, anticipating and adjusting for problems and roadblocks.
o Be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirement of both internal and external customers.
About the department: The Hennepin County Facility Services department provides a full range of facility services for county programs and services. The department:
· Identifies capital needs, responds to and supports capital projects identified by line departments.
· Develops and manages projects to construct new buildings, refurbish existing buildings, and maintain infrastructure.
· Operates and maintains buildings.
· Protects employees, contacts and property.
About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (login as Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to pass a background check. Your future. Made here.