Hennepin County's Facility Services is seeking a Facilities Project Manager to administer and monitor consultant contracts. This position will also coordinate the development and review of project design, as well as construction and contract documents relating to new construction and alterations or renovations of existing facilities.Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program.Location and hours:This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at the Hennepin County Government Center at 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487, at other county facilities, and remote as job duties require. Work hours will be Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin.New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022, to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.About the position type:This is a full-time, benefit earning position.This position is internally classified as a Facilities Project Manager.Clickhere to view the job classification specification.In this position, you will:
· Implement and oversee projects related to construction, alteration, renovation, space utilization, and preservation within Hennepin County facilities; incorporate sustainable guidelines throughout the various phases of assigned projects.
· Confer and interface with governmental stakeholders, private, and public agencies, utility owners, citizens or other affected groups on related planning, design, construction, or maintenance operations.
· Assist in the preparation of the Capital Improvement Program as it relates to long range accommodation options for county programs and facility needs. .
· Prepare project budgets and assure all projects are on schedule, within budget, complete scope, and in compliance with all building codes and Hennepin County standards.
· Serve as project owner representative on projects throughout all phases of the project from schematic design through project close.
· Administer consultant contracts and monitor consultant performance as related to project development and implementation.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Nine years or more of construction and/or architecture management experience.
o Bachelor's degree or higher in a construction-related field, such as building science, architecture, or construction management and five years or more of construction and/or architecture management experience.
· Professional architect experience working with government/public agency architectural projects.
o Managing a project's scope, schedule, and budget during implementation and coordination of projects and programs.
o Completing construction project management tasks such as, obtaining funding, assigning projects to staff, leading project teams, etc.
o Executing contracting/communication tasks such as, resolving contract issues, recruiting vendors, writing proposals, etc.
o Carrying out budget activities such as, analyzing financial reports, recommend specific budget cuts or increases, presented a budget in front of a government board, etc.
o Working effectively and developing relationships with customers, clients, and peers from a variety of diverse backgrounds as it relates to commercial construction/architecture projects.
o Understanding MN B3 and USGBC LEED programs.
o With parking structures, general office, and other public architectural projects as well as experience in all phases of architecture, including design and construction.
o Managing multiple projects ranging from minor remodeling to major construction projects concurrently.
· Knowledge of:
o Principles and practices of architecture and the ability to provide and/or oversee professional architectural and technical services.
o Principles and practices of architecture including a broad understanding of construction, construction documents and construction contract administration and their related application to construction management.
o Microsoft Office products (Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, 365).
· Ability to:
o Communicate effectively and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles with management and other high-level officials.
o Make decisions and/or gain consensus in a timely manner, with varying levels of information under tight deadlines; shifting priorities with changing work demands.
o Manage change effectively, anticipating and adjusting for problems and roadblocks.
About the department:The Hennepin County Facility Services department provides a full range of facility services for county programs and services. The department:
· Identifies capital needs, responds to and supports capital projects identified by line departments.
· Develops and manages projects to construct new buildings, refurbish existing buildings, and maintain infrastructure.
· Operates and maintains buildings.
· Protects employees, contacts and property.
About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (login as Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to pass a background check.Your future. Made here.