We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join Fingerhut, a market-leading FinTech whose mission is to help its customers establish, build, or rebuild their credit! This role will be based out of our Eden Prairie office which operates in a hybrid work setting.
Fingerhut has set becoming an ‘Employer of Choice’ as one of its four ‘Transformation’ goals to kick-off in 2022. After two years of pandemic, the ‘great resignation’, highly competitive Minneapolis and national labor market given the ability to work remotely leadership recognizes that the employee experience has to be greatly enhanced from acquisition through development to lead to retention.
The Financial Analyst will be part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team at Fingerhut, providing critical financial and analytical support to merchandising, finance, and executive team leadership.
This role drives key financial analyses, business processes, and decisions in partnership with the merchandising team. The financial analyst is accountable for financial planning and analysis supporting key cost elements on both the income statement and balance sheet. Examples include inbound freight, vendor rebates, returns and obsolescence. This position is expected to develop a deep understanding of product level shipping margins, merchandising and inventory decision making, product sourcing, and use this knowledge to drive profit-enhancing initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare a complete and accurate financial plan and forecast for key merchandising costs on the income statement and balance sheet
· Facilitate management’s understanding of financial performance
· Ensure accuracy of financial results and comprehensive understanding of variances to plan and forecast
· Develop and enhance reporting to drive improved financial performance and process improvements
· Analyze key business drivers for the merchandising, inventory, and finance organizations
· Support and drive change by pairing curiosity with rigorous analysis
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business, or related area of study (preferred)
· 0 – 3 years of relevant work experience in finance, accounting, or business analytics
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and related Microsoft Office products
· Intellectual curiosity and ability to navigate ambiguous situations
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, manage projects, and meet deadlines
· Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
· Basic knowledge of Oracle, Essbase, and SQL a plus (preferred, not required)
BLST Operating Company (Bluestem Brands) is a group of FinTech and eCommerce Retail businesses led by our Northstar and Orchard Portfolios. This position falls under the Northstar Portfolio, which is led by Fingerhut – a long-standing fintech company. Fingerhut fuses our extensive years of data modeling and real-time analytics through machine learning to provide flexible payment options for our valued customers looking to establish, build, or rebuild credit. Qualifying customers use their accounts for e-Commerce purchases at fingerhut.com for everything they and their family need across a broad selection of national brands.
At Fingerhut, you’ll find responsive and supportive leaders who empower our employees, knowing they drive our success. We are continually innovating and improving, challenging ourselves to take risks, learn from mistakes, and celebrate success as a team. We also grow careers, giving employees on-the-job stretch assignments, lateral moves to expand knowledge bases, and promotional opportunities that help to accelerate development.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com