The Hennepin County Information Technology (IT) department is seeking aIT Service Desk Support Analyst II to join the IT Enterprise Service Desk team. This position will respond to customers who are experiencing technical issues with computer systems and personal computing devices over the phone and in person. This position also work with other teams within IT on resolving incidents and IT service requests.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours:This position is hybrid and will be performed on-site at varying locations: 12601 Ridgedale Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55305, the Government Center at 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487, 6125 Shingle Creek Parkway, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430, any of our Staff Computer Support Centers in Hennepin County, and remote as job duties require. Additional Staff Computer Support Centers in other regions of Hennepin County are currently underway. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, with a shift between 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. While these positions are designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin. New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.About this position type:This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
This position is internally classified as an Information Technology (IT) Support Analyst II.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
At this time, employees may be eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $1,258.30 that can be earned annually based on performance.
In this position, you will:
· Provide first and second level service desk and desktop support by identifying, analyzing, and solving customer reported problems with systems/applications, over the phone and in person.
· Record all incidents using an incident tracking system according to the defined documentation standards.
· Manage work to meet business requirements and service level agreements for all Hennepin County departments.
· Contribute knowledge for creation of self-service, service desk, and desktop support articles.
· Manage efforts with technical support partners across the county as they relate to the operations-based processes of Information Technology Service Management (ITSM).
· Contribute to continual process improvement activities by identifying training opportunities, new processes, and modifications for the tools used.
· Provide on-call support of information systems/applications to internal customers and business partners.
· Provide on-site desktop support in future multiple Staff Computer Support Center locations.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Four years or more of information technology experience.
o Two year college/vocational/technical degree in a technology field or approved information technology certificate and two years or more of information technology experience.
o Completion of five college/vocational/technical information technology courses and two years or more of information technology experience.
o Completion of an approved Hennepin County IT internship and two years or more of information technology experience.
o Bachelor's degree or higher in information technology or a related information technology field.
Nice to have:
· Two or more years of experience working in an IT service desk and desktop support area within the last five years providing problem analysis resolution, escalation, and follow-up over the phone and in person.
o Assisting customers with the installation and maintenance of PCs and mobile devices over the phone and in person.
o Using incident tracking software.
o With Information Technology Service Management (ITSM).
o Providing support for Windows 10 and 11 operating systems and Microsoft Office 365 at an advanced user level.
· Ability to:
o Quickly analyze software, application, and network problems.
o Walk customers through troubleshooting and resolving an incident over the phone and in person.
o Multitask in a fast-paced environment with multiple points of entry (i.e., phone, self-service, and in person).
About the department: Technology is the foundation of our work – and the work of every county employee. The Information Technology department is here to help our employees work smarter, faster and better. They are made up of nine divisions: business solutions, enterprise architecture, enterprise development, finance and support services, strategic alignment, central services administration and imaging operations, security, service management, and operations. About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (select Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here.
This position may have access to systems or other documentation that contains HIPAA data.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.