Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
We’re looking for a Member Care Advisor. Primary responsibilities for this position include providing prompt and excellent service to customers through inbound calls and emails during regular business hours of 8am-5pm CST. The Member Care Advisor will assist customers with inquiries related to product information, benefits, claims, eligibility, and billing.
At Gravie, you’ll have the chance to grow your career and work with some of the brightest minds in a supportive, diverse, and collaborative environment. If you’re passionate about improving the way people purchase and access healthcare, and our culture and values inspire you, we’d love to talk.
· Determine the best way to resolve customer inquiry by asking probing questions, making appropriate recommendations based on customer product path and program.
· Identify and compare options for next steps that best suit the customer based on their needs and well-being.
· Act as a customer advocate and go above and beyond to provide the member with a simple and seamless experience.
· Demonstrate empathy and active listening in each interaction with customers.
· Accurately document all interactions within our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform with clarity and professionalism.
· Ensure the member activity database is kept up to date with contact information, policy information and renewal census data
· Collaborate with brokers partners, Health Care Navigators, and carrier representatives to assist members with shopping needs.
· Be willing to maintain a flexible work schedule, based upon the needs of the business. This may include early morning, evening, or weekend hours during the Open Enrollment season.
· Demonstrate commitment to the Gravie CARE (Compassion, Advocacy, Resolution, Education) service model and Gravie’s core competencies of being authentic, curious, creative, empathetic and outcome oriented.
· A passion for helping people navigate the confusing world of health insurance and benefits.
· Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year customer service experience or equivalent customer service experience.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to summarize information effectively.
· Comfort with calmly assisting frustrated customers with active listening, creative problem solving and empathy.
· Excellent attendance track record and ability to adhere to a structured schedule.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Experience with entering/updating data in electronic databases
· Proficient computer navigation and typing skills. Experience with Mac OS X, Microsoft Office or G Suite by Google Cloud is a benefit.
· Ability to be self-driven and work collaboratively and professionally with many types of individuals.
· Ability to learn quickly, follow directions, and follow through accurately and in a timely manner.
· Proven ability to get results and thrive in an ever-evolving environment.
· Commitment to complete 8 weeks of training including State Health Insurance Producer licensing within 60 days of hire date. Licensing and exam fees are paid for by Gravie.
· Previous start up company experience
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.