The Hennepin County Assessor's Office is seeking to fill a Planning Analyst or Planning Analyst, Senior position. This person will assist the management team with program planning and analysis, implement and maintain new and existing applications, and provide technical assistance using established procedures, methods, and policies.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program. Planning Analyst: $60,183.19-$74,878.29 Annually Planning Analyst, Senior: $56,202.00-$89,198.70 Annually
Location and hours: This position is remote. Remote workers may be required to come on-site an average of 0 to 12 days a year for work meetings, trainings, or for any other reasons that their supervisor may deem necessary (may include additional days for onboarding and new employee training). Supervisors will provide as much advance notice as practicable. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with flexibility. While this position is designated as remote, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin.
New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.About the position type This is a full-time, benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as a Planning Analyst. Click here to view the job classification specification. This position is internally classified as a Planning Analyst, Senior. Click here to view the job classification specification.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Planning Analyst will be:
· Provide timely and accurate support to field appraisers and business partners by fulfilling data requests, communicating clear business processes, creating ad-hoc and custom reports, troubleshooting and explaining application issues, and installing software.
· Maintain databases and program interfaces and assist in ensuring data quality of solutions; provide technical assistance on database solutions.
· Collaborate with management to implement solutions for identified business needs, review design and project specifications for new applications and test enhancements.
· Collaborate with a variety of teams and lines of business including the Assessor's Office, Recorder's Office, County Attorney's Office, Information Technology, and Resident Services on the development, testing, training, deployment, and adoption of solutions.
· Communicate with system users concerning system outages, expected changes, and known issues as well as assist in the planning and coordination of application releases.
· Process service request tickets and project requests related to the support of a Computer Aided Mass Appraisal (CAMA) system and the maintenance of property characteristics within that system.
· Assist in the training and adoption of new and existing applications as well as the creation and maintenance of clear documentation to ensure compliance with state statutes.
Additional duties of the Planning Analyst, Senior may include:
· Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA):
o Assist in the development of mass real estate valuation models in a variety of areas including residential, apartment, commercial, industrial, and agricultural properties.
o Conduct market analysis studies to assess trends in the Hennepin County real estate market in order to support a more uniform and accurate assessment of real and personal property.
· Assessment Administration:
o Manage the integration of data between CAMA and Assessment Administration.
o Prepare and review assessment and tax data, FTPs’ and reports to ensure programs, exemptions, and exclusions have been administered properly and in accordance with state statute.
o Assist in providing system and security recommendations regarding reports and the application user interfaces.
Need to have: For hire as a Planning Analyst (One of the following):
· Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration; research methods, statistics; behavioral/social science; public health; computer science/MIS or management science; urban/city planning, or a field appropriate to the area of specialization.
· Bachelor's degree in any field and a minimum of two courses in research methods, analysis, statistics, project management, planning or evaluation and one year of relevant planning analyst experience.
For hire as a Senior Planning Analyst (One of the following):
· Master's degree in business administration, public administration, research methods, statistics, behavioral/social science, public health, computer science/MIS, management science, urban/city planning or a field appropriate to the area of specialization.
· Bachelor's degree in one of the fields listed above and one year of relevant planning analyst experience.
· Bachelor's degree in any field and a minimum of two courses in research methods, analysis, statistics, project management, planning or evaluation and 18 months of relevant planning analyst experience.
Nice to have:
· Knowledge and familiarity with statistical principles and a variety of quantitative analysis processes and techniques.
o With problem definition, information gathering and research, alternatives analysis, applying creative solutions to unique and/or immediate problems, and appropriate resolution implementation.
o Creating, deploying, and managing paginated reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
o Enterprise data extraction and manipulation to include SQL and schema less data structures, their use and manipulation.
o Developing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and updating custom R packages and R codes.
o Responding quickly and resolutely to immediate computer application problems in a time-sensitive manner.
o Providing software support, logging defects, and managing tickets.
o Working professionally in real estate, appraisal, property tax, and/or property assessment.
· Ability to:
o Communicate clearly, present complex information to users in a comprehensive style, and translate technical and system information for non-technical stakeholders.
o Collaborate and work effectively as part of a team with lead work and mentoring skills.
o Organize and prioritize multiple deadlines and work independently, define problems as they arise, and recommend alternative solutions.
About the department: The Hennepin County Assessor’s Office is responsible for the assessment of real and personal property throughout Hennepin County. The department is committed to accurate property valuations and classifications, as well as, maximizing enrollment in benefit programs. The Assessor’s Office leverages strategic objectives and technology to support its mission and goals and values diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (select Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. This posting may be used to fill current and future limited duration or permanent vacancies. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.If you have any questions, please contact: Majestanina Vang Majestanina.Vang@hennepin.us