Haven Housing, located in North Minneapolis, offers emergency shelter and supportive housing for women and families. The mission of Haven Housing is to provide women in crisis or transition with a stable environment and the opportunity to explore options for their future. Haven Housing is currently seeking a Program and Billing Coordinator to join our dynamic team.
The Program and Billing Coordinator will support both the accounting department and program participants of Haven Housing. The Program and Billing Coordinator will work directly with program participants and agencies to ensure timely billing and resolution. Haven Housing is seeking a candidate excited about utilizing their service mindset to provide high quality contributions to a team. The Program and Billing Coordinator will report to the Program Director, but work closely with the Haven Housing Accountant.
● Manage Housing Support (HS) funds for HH programs to include payments for rent, utilities, and other eligible costs, and recording and monitoring income received.
● Maintain participant billing, including verification and follow up on denied and unpaid claims, to include MN-ITS and housing stabilization billing
● Utilize tracking systems for income and expenses, recertification dates, and paperwork submitted to the county.
● Administer, monitor, record, and track pool expenses and ensure expenses are in compliance with program requirements.
● Assist residents with housing paperwork while interpreting eligibility requirements, application details, payment methods, and applicants' legal rights.
● Sustain resident relationships to certify eligibility for continued participation.
● Record payables and receivables in Quickbooks and make bank deposits. Allocate costs to individual programs.
● Reconcile credit card expenses and process expense reports
● 2+ years combination of education and experience in business administration
● 2+ years in customer service or direct care role
● 1+ year experience with Quickbooks or closely related accounting program
● Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, or related
● Valid Driver’s license
● Experience working with women of diverse racial and socioeconomic backgrounds in homeless or housing settings
● Experience with electronic billing and reporting systems
● Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in written, interpersonal, and verbal formats
● Service orientation with a willingness to help others and meet the needs of program participants, staff, and external partners
● Attention to detail and aptitude to evaluate options and identify appropriate solutions
● Time management skills and responsiveness to deadlines
● Computer proficiency to include online communications, ordering, and other digital platforms
● Office in a supportive housing residence serving women and families in North Minneapolis
● Travel to scattered sites in the community, as needed, to work with program participants
Excellent Employee Benefits including
● Medical (85% paid for employee), fully paid employee dental, and paid basic life
● 401k Retirement with employer contribution and match
● 10 days Float/Holiday pay
● 4 weeks paid time off to start
Salary: $48,000-50,000 year, depending on qualifications
Job Type: Exempt (not eligible for overtime pay), 40 hours per week. Benefit eligible.
Haven Housing is a Second Chance Employer that will accept candidates with non-violent felony and misdemeanor records.
Haven Housing is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply: https://www.havenhousing.org/employment