Job Description:The primary purpose of this position is to administer assigned construction projects by accomplishing required construction engineering and contract administration duties and by supervising MnDOT employees that are assigned to assist the Engineer in contract administration. In addition, the Project Engineer will be responsible for design engineering and supervision of road plan preparation in the winter and supervising the finalization of construction projects in accordance with established policies, regulations and guidelines. This will be posted at the Engineer Senior and Engineer 2 Graduate levels. The final class and starting salary of this position is dependent on the successful applicant’s qualifications.
· Licensure as a professional Civil Engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience, and Interior Design (AELSLAGID).
· Valid Class D Driver’s License.
Engineer 2 Graduate:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Construction Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university or its equivalency as rated by NCEES/EAC.
· A passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
· Two years post-graduation civil engineering work.
· Valid Class D Driver’s License
· Received a passing score on the Minnesota Principals & Practices of Civil Engineering (PE) Exam.
· A master’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university substitutes for one year of post-graduate civil engineering work.