Working with Christian publishers, Bethany Press provides solutions for book production, printing, binding, and warehousing. We produce millions of life-changing books, and we are looking for self-managed, self-motivated, creators who want to be a part of this accelerating business.
Position title: Purchasing and Inventory Management Specialist
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 0am – 5:00pm
Status: Fulltime, hourly
Bonus: $500 after 90days, $500 after 6 months and $1,000 after 1 year of full-time employment
· Be the centralized point for implementing company purchasing policies
· Maintain appropriate inventory levels of manufacturing consumables to maximize profitability while allowing seamless workflow throughout the facility.
· Manage vendor relationships including regular reviews and comparisons to similar suppliers.
· Exceed customer expectations by being an excellent communicator both internally and externally.
· Log all pertinent information accurately in all software systems.
· Verifying correctness of shipments against bill of lading, invoices, etc.
· Be an excellent steward of company resources, including labor, time and finances.
· Perform various other duties as assigned.
Exhibit and encourage the core values of Bethany Press in word and deed.
Proven purchasing and inventory management background.
Be able to identify and prioritize items with the largest impact on quality and profitability.
Possess the ability to understand the technical details of production to ensure accuracy.
Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Have excellent attention to detail.
Be disciplined in the performance of duties, in communication and in attitude.
Be innovative in performing the role and contributing ideas toward improving Bethany Press at large.
Be a positive influence on the morale of coworkers.
Prefer experience in book, print production or manufacturing.