See Position Description
Hennepin County's Facility Services department is seeking multiple Security Officers to work in various county locations. Security Officers work in a variety of assignments to provide a safe and secure environment for all Hennepin County employees and customers. Candidates will go through a paid extensive training program before they are assigned to their respective locations; training continues once they are assigned.
The salary range for this position is $52,000.00 - $65,609.11.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
About these positions: These are full-time benefit earning positions. Hennepin County also provides a shift differential of $1.00 per hour for nights and weekends and a generous annual uniform allowance including body armor, footwear, and equipment.
These positions are internally classified as a Security Officer. Click here to view the job classification specification. Location and hours: These positions are located at various Hennepin County owned and leased locations. Work hours will vary, from Sunday through Saturday. Must have availability to work a fixed, seniority bid schedule including days, weekends, evenings, and overnights.
In these positions, you will:
· Provide a safe and secure environment for all employees and customers.
· Provide emergency response in county facilities for all hazards, including emergency medical care and crisis response.
· Establish and maintain order among employees and visitors; physically control/restrain uncooperative individuals when necessary.
· Operate electronic and physical security systems, and complete required reports and logs.
· Perform point of entry screening and checkpoint control, including searching persons and property.
· Provide front line customer service under difficult circumstances to public and employees.
· Maintain current knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures affecting security operations; participate in the evaluation and implementation of security related procedures for assigned facility.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Two or more years of full-time equivalent security experience such as military, law enforcement, corrections, industrial, proprietary, or contract security.
o Two or more years of college or technical college course work in a criminal justice field (e.g. police science, law enforcement, corrections, and/or security management).
o A combination of education and experience to equal two years.
· Ability to successfully complete prescribed training during probationary period; attain and maintain Emergency Medical Responder or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certifications as required by the Minnesota Emergency Medical Standards and Regulatory Board (MN EMSRB).
· Availability to work a fixed, seniority bid schedule including days, weekends, evenings, and overnights.
Nice to have:
· A valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a Hennepin County driver's permit.
· Certification in Crisis Intervention Team (CIT)/Barbara Schneider.
· Direct contact public service and/or customer service security experience.
· Experience de-escalating a difficult client, customer, or member of the public.
· Ability to:
o Prepare well-written, detailed incident reports.
o Communicate effectively in stressful circumstances.
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, report management, and CCTV system software use.
About the department: The Hennepin County Facility Services Department provides a full range of facility services for county programs and services. The department:
· Identifies capital needs, responds to and supports capital projects identified by line departments
· Develops and manages projects to construct new buildings, refurbish existing buildings, and maintain infrastructure
· Operates and maintains buildings
· Protects employees, contacts, and property
About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at bridge.hennepin.us/eligibility (select Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. Applications will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor on an on-going basis until the vacancy is filled. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check.