As a Sheriff's Deputy you will have the opportunity to expand your public safety experience through training, promotion, and opportunities for specialized law enforcement assignments. The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office offers initiatives such as Criminal Information Sharing and Analysis, Violent Offender Task Force, Crime Scene Investigation, Criminal Investigation, Community Outreach and Employee Wellness. If you are a critical thinker and have great adaptability skills, then this position may be a good fit for you. The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office mission is to serve and protect all in the community by furthering equal justice, safety, and wellness. We are dedicated to serving the community with transparency, responsiveness, and compassion.
Watch this video about the opportunities available at the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office.Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours:This position requires working a flexible schedule including days, evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays, and is subject to emergency call back 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.About this position type:This is a full-time, benefit earning position. The anticipated start date is 10/23/23.
This position is internally classified as a Sheriff, Deputy.Clickhere to view the job classification specification.
In this position, you will:
· Maintain security and direct activities within the Adult Detention Division and Court Security Division.
· Assist in search and rescue operations and/or respond to public safety emergencies.
· Participate in investigations, make arrests, and enforce the criminal code.
· Enforce traffic laws including the applicable laws governing water and snowmobile safety.
· Transport prisoners and others in the care of the court.
· Maintain standards of order within Hennepin County's courtrooms.